Close  

‘The Buzz’ bids adieu after 15 years

/ 05:47 PM April 05, 2015

After 15 years, showbiz talk show “The Buzz” will temporarily go off the air and will be relaunched soon.

Boy Abunda, together with co-hosts Kris Aquino and Toni Gonzaga, announced the show’s cancellation on Sunday, saying that the April 5 episode will be its last.

ADVERTISEMENT

Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino file photos

Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino file photos

“I am not going to pretend that I am not hurting or bleeding inside. It is very painful. You have been my partner for [15] years. It’s very hard, it’s difficult,” Abunda said.

He said that the reason for temporarily canceling the show is to adapt to changes. He also vowed that they will come back stronger.

“We have changed…. We have evolved into different people today. A lot of things have changed. The people behind ‘The Buzz’ have changed and even you (audience) have changed,” he said.

“Showbiz news is here to stay. We may come back individually or as a group, I don’t know. The showbiz talk show genre is not going to die, it will continue and we will come back. We have all agreed that the best way is to stop today and come back strong and be the best of what we can be,” Abunda added.

FILE PHOTO

Toni Gonzaga. FILE PHOTO

He thanked the show’s fans for their undying support during the past 15 years.

“Thank you very much Philippines and the whole world for making Buzz happen,” Abunda told the show’s audience.

In its official statement, ABS-CBN said that the show’s cancellation is a recognition of the changing landscape in showbiz news reporting.

“The program recognizes the evolution in showbiz news reporting and to cope with it, The Buzz deems it necessary step to reinvent (and) to start anew. Showbiz news will never die, the showbiz talk show genre remains,” it read.

According to ABS-CBN Corporate Communication head Kane Ochoa, the time slot previously held by The Buzz will be temporarily occupied by “Kapamilya Mega Blockbusters.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Buzz first aired on June 13, 1999 with Abunda, Ricky Lo and John Lapus as its first hosts. It became the second longest running showbiz talk show after GMA 7’s Startalk. With a report from Bayani San Diego Jr.

RELATED STORIES

Willie sasagupa sa The Buzz nina Boy at Kris

Boy sa bashers ng The Buzz: Lahat may reaksiyonrespeto na lang!

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: ABS-CBN, Boy Abunda, Entertainment, Kris Aquino, Showbiz News, Television, The Buzz, Toni Gonzaga
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
globalnation

‘False pride’: Palace memo on foreign aid, loans hit

September 22, 2019 05:15 AM

newsinfo

Polio blame game: PAO chief lashes back at ‘trolls’

September 22, 2019 05:10 AM

business

Ramon Ang rallies hunger champions

September 22, 2019 05:10 AM

lifestyle

It’s still paradise in Coron, despite the rains

September 22, 2019 05:10 AM



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.