Popular star denies ‘bun in the oven’
Popular Star reacted much too swiftly to a rumor that spread like wildfire online: PS is said to have a bun in the oven, courtesy of Hunky Beau.
PS turned to the Net and other platforms to quash the scuttlebutt. Well, our reliable mole insists, a pregnancy test kit doesn’t lie.
Mole asks: Was that why PS was in a rush to flaunt her figure in public recently? Was she dreading the near future, when she’d be sporting drab maternity dresses?
No worries. Mole insists that flawless PS will be donning a bridal gown before she blows up like a balloon. PS and HB are said to be looking at a last-quarter wedding. He has reportedly asked relatives abroad to come home before the end of the year.
Will baby make three for these sweethearts who are in their prime? Hmmm.
There is something disturbing about Distressed Star’s new look. Longtime fans were horrified when they saw her online recently: DS looked like a victim of a botched cosmetic surgery. Or an amateurish Photoshop experiment.
Her face was distorted. She could barely speak—as if she’d tear her cheeks apart if she did.
Less involved observers suspect that the apparent disfigurement is a side effect of nasty vices.
Whatever the reason, DS needs complete rest. Again.
To catch a predator
Controversial Personality cannot seem to give up the company of much younger girls. A studio insider was shocked to learn that CP was spending too much time with Newbie Performer.
CP is purportedly building up NP. By taking the minor to night clubs way past her bedtime?
Maybe CP has yet to move on from a disastrous encounter with another Nubile Starlet. Oh, and is this why CP is goading another Scandalous Starlet to destroy the handlers of NS?
Heard on the Radio Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.):
Bitter Starlet lost to Famous Star in a contest. BS snubbed the awarding ceremony but convinced friends to attend, so they could sabotage FS’ moment of glory.
On the big night, BS stayed somewhere near the venue, to wait for her pals whose orders were to boo and hiss when FS went up the stage.
Alas, BS’ friends enjoyed themselves too much at the party and forgot their assignment.
Time to retire
From the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Not a few observers were turned off when Seasoned Bombshell showed off her body in public.
The consensus was that SB should retire from baring, and leave the daring (roles) to younger nymphets.
Perhaps SB is “midlifing.” Or, worse, she can’t shake off the exhibitionistic streak—as we can glean from several photos (posted on social network sites) that leave very little to the imagination.
SB should know when to give up and cover up.
Dial M, for matronly.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Mark Herras on rumors that Nadia Montenegro is partly to blame for his breakup with Ynna Asistio: “Okay kaming lahat. Sa mga haters, mga bashers, huwag niyo na kaming pakialaman. May sarili kaming isip… basta we’re both happy. Kami lang may alam ng buong katotohanan.” (You opened the door; now go through it!)
- Marian Rivera on allegedly snubbing an elderly female fan: “Lola’s girl ako. Mahal ko ang mga matatanda. Walang dahilan para mangganyan ako.” (Lola fan, baka Marian didn’t hear you lang. Ay, baligtad!)
- “My Husband’s Lover” actor Dennis Trillo on fans’ positive comments on social media: “Napaka-immediate ng response kaya nakakatuwa. Kapag meron kaming ginawang magandang eksena, nababasa agad naman ’yung comments. Kaya nai-inspire kami na pagbutihin pa ’yung trabaho namin.”(Kayo na talaga!)
- Carla Abellana on who she would choose as partner, if she were offered a project about lesbian romance: “Out of the blue nabanggit ko si Solenn Heussaff, tapos ngayon sinasabi niya na willing siya. Nakakatuwa. Alam ko na naman Solenn is open pagdating sa ganyan. I’m so flattered! Why not?” (Indeed! If only to show that not every lesbian is butch.)
- Jake Vargas on what he and girlfriend Bea Binene usually argue about: “Parehas mataas ang pride namin… kung selosa siya, ako rin ganun.” (And the answer is…?)
- Tessie Tomas on portraying a prostitute in a recent episode of “Magpakailanman”: “[Tinanggap ko ’yung role] dahil siguro sa exposure ko sa indie films na medyo edgy ang materials. And, at this point in my life, I wanted to do something that I hadn’t done before, which is playing a prostitute.” (Better late than never.)
- Angeline Quinto on her rumored nonshow biz boyfriend: “Nagtatrabaho [siya] sa bangko, pero ’di sa kanya ’yung bangko… School mate ko siya nung elementary ako.” (Took a while, huh?)
- Alex Gonzaga on being told that newbie actor Arjo Atayde had a crush on her: “Siyempre flattered ako. ’Di rin naman natin siya masisi… kumbaga expected!” (’Di ka rin humble, ’no?)
- Sam Milby on attracting bashers for portraying a villain in “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala”: “Di naman maiiwasan ’yun. Some people take it too seriously… But I’m happy about that. Ibig sabihin effective ’yung acting ko.” (As long as you’re sure that’s what the bashing is about.)
- Piolo Pascual on what he likes about Toni Gonzaga, whom he’s making a movie with soon: “We’d rather better ourselves kesa matulog o mag-good time.” (Ano raw?)
- Lea Salonga on the possibility of doing a movie with former screen partner Aga Muhlach: “There’s only one leading man for me— Aga… There have been [talks]. But can we first get physically ready for this? I’ve lost a little bit of weight and it’s starting to show. So it’s his turn. Hahaha!” (Ball’s in your court, Aga. We’ll be watching you.)
- Angelica Panganiban, asked if she and John Lloyd Cruz were thinking of getting married: “Kaya niyo tina-try i-work out ’yung relationship dahil doon niyo gusto mapunta.” (Yes or no would do.)
- John Lloyd on the same question: “Puwede siya mangyari next week…Ah, hindi pala, kasi kailangan kong magpa-reserve ng church, mag-hire ng wedding planner…Wala akong target date at age. Siguro mangyayari na lang.” (You’ll be surprised how quickly wedding planners work.)
- Kim Chiu, asked if she and Xian Lim were already in a relationship: “Ay, nakakaloka. Huwag muna dun. Masaya lang. He makes me feel good.” (Well, he looks good.)
- Kim on what she has learned from the death of her mom: “Everything happens for a reason. ’Dun lang ako kumakapit.” (And that’s a sensible answer.) Startalk, The Buzz