Daiana Meneses plans to press charges vs ‘husband’
MANILA, Philippines—Brazilian model-actress-TV host Daiana Meneses confirmed on Thursday she was the one who posted photos on Instagram proving she’s a victim of domestic violence, said a report by INQUIRER Bandera columnist Regee Bonoan.
In her report, Bonoan said a source told her that the father of Meneses is coming to the Philippines to help his daughter.
She reported Meneses has plans of filing charges against her erstwhile lover, who she refused to name in the media.
Earlier reports floated the name of outgoing Cagayan de Oro First District Rep. Jose Benjamin Benaldo as Meneses’ partner. There were also reports saying they were married in Las Vegas in December last year.
In Bonoan’s report, she said there are sources who told her the lawmaker has been in a foul mood these days because he lost in the May elections.
In TV interviews on Thursday, Benaldo confirmed he’s the husband of Meneses.
In an SMS to the networks, Benaldo said he and Meneses, like ordinary couple, are undergoing a difficult phase. He said they had fights but it’s all because of love.
He said forgiveness has been given between them and they love each other.
He also made an appeal to the public to respect their privacy.
As of posting, Meneses hasn’t given any interviews regarding Benaldo’s statement.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.