Topping last Sunday’s bedlam a tall order
Philippine Daily Inquirer
At press time we are still wondering what biz talk shows today will tackle.
Inquirer Entertainment has long suspected that Tinseltown events of nose-bleed proportions have to happen on Thursday, so Sunday gabfests will have compelling banner stories to anchor their latest episodes on. This translates to one “pasabog” each, ideally, for ABS-CBN and GMA 7. TV5 has not caught on, but it’s never too late; they have Derek Ramsay now.
How right or reckless is this assumption? We wouldn’t mind being corrected. Until then, viewers should put this theory to the test and watch closely: Remember, Thursday—or maybe Wednesday, basta enough time for production crews to put together the juicy segments for the weekend programs.
Earlier this week, we dreamed up a list of possible scenarios that could top last Sunday’s bedlam:
1) Chiz and Heart will elope.
2) Chiz and Heart will be married, not by the same minister that officiated Kris and James’ wedding.
3) Chiz will apologize to the Ongpaucos. But he will draw the line at fetching water and chopping firewood.
4) James will file a TRO (against whom, we couldn’t decide).
5) Kris will formally announce she is running for public office in 2016— very likely for governor of Wherever, having declared Gov. Vi her “idol.”
6) Past rumors of romance between Chiz and Kris will be revived (we’re not saying who we thought would do this).
7) James will realize that Heart has beguiling Asian-Italian features.
8) Very long shot: Kris and James will reconcile.
We’re going out on a limb here re the Kris-James blockbuster. It was announced earlier, wasn’t it, that she had pretaped TV material for airing while she was in Paris with her kids. In short, prepare to be surprised. But stay cool. Emmie G. Velarde (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.