Successful insider most hated on studio lot
Ah, the price of success! Popular Insider has earned a nasty rep on the studio lot. Underlings have nothing but disdain for PI, who tends to be rude and demanding.
PI even had the gall to disrespect Veteran Artist. According to a mole, PI didn’t bother to give a pink slip to VA, who was unceremoniously kicked out of a project.
Some insiders complain about not getting just compensation in spite of the heavy work load required by PI. No wonder PI is the studio’s most
Love for rent
Still at it, Flamboyant Celebrity is now being linked to Handsome Hunk. For sure, FC’s minions are the ones spreading the scuttlebutt.
Is FC clueless about HH’s unsavory rep as a rent boy? Instead of a trophy boyfriend, FC hooked a gun-for-hire.
Like all the men in FC’s life?
This early, High-Flying Boss is stepping on a lot of toes in new turf.
A flagship project encountered a few kinks. A newbie in the team, HB spilled the beans to Showbiz Personality.
As a result, efforts of coworkers were put at risk and they had to scramble to inform everyone involved about last-minute changes.
It was only proper to inform insiders but, as they say, loose lips…
Sweet and sour
Heard on the Radyo
Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.):
Sweet Starlet, it turns out, has a dark side.
SS, who plays lugubrious martyrs onscreen, was finishing some errands at a grocery store. She couldn’t reach a certain item because another person was blocking the way.
At first, SS gently asked fellow shopper to move a bit. Failing to budge, the poor customer incurred the wrath of SS, who went ballistic and hollered at the top of her lungs. Wa poise!
Picked up from the Inquirer tabloid Bandera.
Observers have noticed that Famous Comic and Cute Colleague get finicky when fans ask for souvenir photos.
A mole says FC and CC prefer to have pictures taken only with good-looking, sexy, youthful admirers. If the snapshot hunter is old and/or unattractive, FC and CC are quick to make excuses.
Imagine. FC doesn’t rate high in the looks department, either: and CC is no longer as in demand as before.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Charice on coming out as a lesbian: “It was very risky. Parang…, either matatanggap ako o mawawala ako forever… I was tired of hiding. I didn’t want attention; gusto ko lang i-clarify para ’di na nalilito ang mga tao.” (You have to stop apologizing. Those who truly love you always will.)
- Raquel Pempengco on being a lesbian once: “Sinabi ko naman kay Charice na na-experience ko rin ’yan. Pero nagbago ako… kaya ko eh.” (Pray away the gay? No way!)
- Lola Tess Relucio to Charice: “At least ang mommy mo, naging masunurin sa ’kin kasi nanay niya ako, kasi mahal niya ako. Ikaw ba sweetheart, mahal mo ba ang mommy mo?” (Naman.)
- Charice’s message to her mom: “Alam kong nasasaktan pa rin kayo sa mga nangyayari, pero gusto ko pong magpasalamat sa lahat ng nagawa ni’yo para sa ’kin.. You know that I respect you so much and that I love you so much.” (Kung sino pa ’yung bata…)
- Charice’s show biz crush: “Si Sam Pinto, Ate Pauleen (Luna), Ate Marian (Rivera)… Baka sugurin ako ni Kuya Dingdong (Dantes). (Baka hindi rin.)
- Jennylyn Mercado on posing for FHM for the second time: “Hindi siya pangit… classy naman ’yung dating. Hindi siguro kailangan magpaliwanag kung bakit ko ginawa… Sinigurado kong ayos ang lahat.”(No apologies. Way to go.)
- Dingdong Dantes on working with Patrick Bergin in “Dance of the Steel Bars”: “Sobrang mataas ang naging respeto ko sa kanya kasi kita talaga ’yung disiplina. Darating siya on time at ready to shoot!” (That’s how it should be. Oh, right, not in the Philippines!)
- Bianca King on her relationship with ex-boyfriend Dennis Trillo: “Maraming nag-improve sa ’kin…” (You must take some of the credit.)
- Zanjoe Marudo, asked if he’s worried about being typecast in father roles: “Eh nasa edad na naman na ako para magkaanak.” (Gotta hand it to this guy.)
- Xiam Lim on rumored girlfriend Kim Chiu: “She is special in every way. Si Kim kapag nakikita ko, parang complete na ’yung araw ko. This past year, every day kami nagkikita. Ang masasabi ko lang, maski pagod kami sa taping, parang nawawala lahat ’yun kapag nakikita ko siya.” (Yikes, ants!)
- Julia Barretto on handling intrigues: “I’m going to get there but I have to stay strong because in this business, it’s something na you know will come your way. I prepared myself; I’m strong. I have God, my family and friends.” (Ano raw?)
- Maja Salvador on shooting the reconciliation scene with Kim Chiu on the soap opera “Ina, Kapatid, Anak”: “Kasi ako pagdating sa set, ang suot ko na sapatos ’yung kay Margaux na. So in character na po talaga.” (Good answer.)
(Startalk, The Buzz)