Clash of principles leaves actress in the lurch
Emerging Actress (EA) used to rely on her bosom buddies and business partners as allies, particularly where personal and professional matters are concerned. In EA’s happy heyday with her BFFs, their tastes and artistic impulses were always aligned and in sync. They even put up a business venture together.
However, all that much-needed support from EA’s pals seemed to fly out the window as soon as a contentious wrench was thrown in the midst of their merry coexistence. The culprit? Politics, what else!
Indeed, while her friends were hard at work supporting the gentle widow during the national elections, EA was busy drumming up interest and support for the ex-strongman’s heir—a “disconnect” in politics that didn’t sit well with her erstwhile barkada.
But when EA started getting “subtle warnings” and “unsolicited advice” from her friends against her choice of candidates, EA thought it was time to distance herself from her “tribe”—a move that drove a wedge further between EA and her friends. Which explains why you hardly see EA posting selfies with them anymore. It feels like EA has been extracted from that tight-knit circle, leaving EA sadly in the lurch over a clash of principles. Tsk.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Xian Lim sa ‘second chance’ nila ni Kim Chiu: Everything happens for a reason (So cryptic these people! Hmmp.)
• Sarah Lahbati binura ang SLG sa IG, in-unfollow si Richard Gutierrez pati ang ibang Gutierrez (Kayo naman … baka naman may private account s’ya specifically for them …? Hmm.)
• Taylor Swift na-bad trip sa joke ni Jo Koy, bugbog-sarado sa mga fans (Luh … lagot! Shake that bad juju off, Jo Koy, shake it off!)
• Lotlot de Leon napagalitan nina Nida Blanca at Chito Roño sa shooting (So, this very urgent and timely piece of news happened when?)
• Carmina Villaroel tinawag na pakialamerang ina: I don’t care because I’m your mother (Acceptable excuse?)
• Lovi Poe imposibleng mabuntis habang ginagawa ang ‘Batang Quiapo’ (Baka immaculate conception? Tee-hee.)
• Kiko Pangilinan muling nagpaka-sweet kay Sharon Cuneta: In the end, love conquers all! (Spin-a-win!)
• Gretchen Ho inalok ng tagay matapos ikasal sina Robi Domingo at Maiqui Pineda, may isyu nga ba? (Sige na nga. Let’s pretend, kunyari meron.)