In Tinseltown, what you see isn’t what you always get
Seasoned Reporter (SR) has seen and heard it all in show biz. SR crossed paths with the relatively new tandem of Comebacking Star (CS) and Wholesome Heartthrob (WH) at a media event for their recent collaboration (RC), where they truly seemed like the best buddies their PR handlers said they were.
But SR said he wasn’t really surprised when the duo’s lackluster project finally ended, and the film project they initially said they were going to star in was quickly recast. CS said that her other artistic and business endeavors prevented her from pushing through with it, but some not-so-little birdies whispered to Rushes that CS and WH actually had a falling out during RC.
For the most part, details of the “conflict” were kept under wraps because CS and WH’s handlers knew how to “put out a fire.” So CS and WH went from “best friends” to mere acquaintances in a matter of months. So, as SR reminded us, “What you see isn’t what you always get in this crazy industry!”
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Pambubuking ni Heart Evangelista, si Marian Rivera ang unang nag-reach out para magkaayos sila (Does it really matter who made the first move?)
• Lee O’Brian muling nakapiling ang anak; Pokwang pinuri ng netizens (Naman. Warring and estranged partners should leave the kids out of their problems.)
• Matteo Guidicelli, Sarah Geronimo may ginagawa bago matulog para mas maging solid ang relasyon (Lemme take a guess: They tell each other bedtime stories?)
• Betong Sumaya sinampal ni Maricel sa Eat Bulaga: ‘Isang karangalan po ito!’ (All these ‘karangalan’ statements over slaps on the face are getting out of hand. Kaloka.)
• Kapatid ni Michelle Dee na si Abraham Lawyer bagong ‘crush ng bayan’ (Let’s see where this public fascination leads him…)
• Catriona Gray, Sam Milby ‘intimate’ ang magiging wedding sa 2024: We are very excited! (An ‘intimate’ union that will be anticipated by the Universe…)
• Kelvin Miranda sa pa-blind item ni Darryl Yap: ‘Wag po muna tayo mag-assume (What a nasty rumor!)