Maine Mendoza belies claims wedding with Arjo Atayde will be aired on TV
Maine Mendoza clarified that there is no truth to reports that her wedding with her fiancé, actor-politician Arjo Atayde, will be publicized through her new show with Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto and Joey de Leon (TVJ).
The actress said this after a publication reported that the couple’s wedding would be aired through TV5, as per Mendoza’s Twitter page on Saturday, June 10. The said news outlet supposedly quoted de Leon’s statement from an exclusive interview.
“This is not true and the article is misleading. Not sure if clickbait done on purpose or comprehension is just [smiling face with tear emoji],” she wrote. “I am the last person to publicize a personal affair.”
“Kakaloka din (It’s also crazy) how some netizens would simply believe what they see on the Internet,” she added. “Kailan ba mauuso ang fact-checking?!” (When will fact-checking become a trend?)
Mendoza and Atayde, who met in 2018, announced their engagement in July last year. The couple have yet to share the details of their wedding as of this writing. /ra
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.