Spotlight on Caitlyn Stave
There are so many who want to enter the showbiz industry but do not realize the demands that come with it. And there are those who are given the chance to enter showbiz and ultimately realize that this is the industry meant for them.
In many cases, when an actress finds the right opportunities, the way seems to be smooth sailing for her, henceforth. This is what I feel has fortuitously been happening with Caitlyn Stave, and the sky is the limit for her now because she has had good timing and luck on her side.
I have seen Caitlyn Stave act, and she can certainly hold her own. I find it very notable that she has such confidence in herself and that is a very essential quality to possess early on, the belief in one’s self. Because if she does not believe in herself, then who else will?
More importantly, it must be considered that self-confidence is translated onto the screen which can clearly be gleaned by viewers at home. And this trait is what will make viewers remember any actor and what will make them look forward to seeing more of him on television and the big screen. Therefore, it is crucial that Caitlyn Stave continues to have confidence in order to successfully ride this wave of positive momentum going for her.
Indeed, showbiz will never have a shortage of pretty and good-looking people, but there has to be something there for each aspiring actor that goes beyond the physical appearance that would elevate him from the rest of the crowd. It can be a striking personality trait, a principle, an acting style, and so on. For me, I saw something in Caitlyn Stave this early on. There is definitely something there that should be unlocked in order that she will become a big star, sooner than later.
Now, for everyone to get to know more about who exactly the very pretty and charming Caitlyn Stave is, here is my exclusive interview with her.
1. When did you realize that you wanted to become an actress? Was this a dream of yours that you were determined to chase and turn into reality?
Caitlyn Stave: From the beginning, it was never my dream to become an artista. I’ve actually always wanted to be a vet! When I had the chance to join showbiz I took it, of course, because I know that this isn’t an opportunity that I may get again and once I started doing my workshops and getting projects, my interest and passion grew.
2. Upon first entering showbiz, what was your immediate reaction? Did the feelings you had prior to entering showbiz change in any way? Care to elaborate?
Caitlyn Stave: My feelings when entering showbiz definitely changed a lot. People see it as easy and full of glitz and glamor but it really is a lot more than just that. There’s a lot of hard work that needs to be put in and the industry is very competitive.
3. Many actresses have certain acting styles or strengths as an actress; as somebody who is relatively new to acting on television, what can you say are your acting style and strengths?
Caitlyn Stave: Since I’m pretty new to acting, I’d say that I don’t think I have a specific style just yet. I’m still learning more & more about acting with every workshop or project I get & finding out what I’m capable of.
4. If you had complete control over your destiny in showbiz, what is one major role that you want to have right now?
Caitlyn Stave: My dream role would be a cute rom-com. I love watching the sweet-kilig moments that come with laughter and would want to have my own!
5. What has been the funniest thing that has happened to you since you entered showbiz?
Caitlyn Stave: My funniest moments would have to be with my close friends Michael Sager and Kirsten Gonzales. They’re both in SPARKADA with me and they were the two people I had least expected to become close with. With our first project (Luv Is: Caught in His Arms), that’s where our friendship really bloomed and we had so much fun with each other every day. Kirsten helped me discover my new interest for EDM music and Michael and I couldn’t take each other seriously when shooting our scenes, constantly laughing at one another.
6. What has been the most memorable experience for you, thus far, since becoming an actress?
Caitlyn Stave: The most memorable experience has to be the journey before the launch of SPARKADA. I was so nervous because from living in Mindanao and being fluent in Bisaya, I was now living in Manila with very little understanding of Tagalog. That was a big challenge for me but now I’ve been speaking Tagalog for a little more than a year now and had lots of help from the members of SPARKADA.
7. For your fans, is there something about you that they do not know or that is little known about you that you feel comfortable sharing with them?
Caitlyn Stave: I feel like I’m a pretty open person and I share quite a lot about myself and whoever asks but I think one thing people that haven’t met me don’t really know is how easy-going I can be. I find it pretty easy to socialize and make new friends. I don’t have a social battery and love talking to new people! Another thing maybe people don’t know much about is my love for horses. Living in the city and being busy with work, I haven’t had the time to ride my horses back home in Bukidnon, so it isn’t something I get to speak about as often.
8. When people hear the name Caitlyn Stave, what words would you want to be associated with your name?
Caitlyn Stave: Friendly, energetic, approachable, and fun!
9. Is there one song that perfectly encapsulates your journey thus far in showbiz? And why did you select that song and what does it mean to you?
Caitlyn Stave: Honestly, this is a very hard question because I had so many mixed emotions when entering showbiz but maybe it is Streetcar by Daniel Ceasar because entering the industry happened so fast for me.
10. Is there one quality about you that separates you from every other new actress or your fellow peers in acting that more people should know about?
Caitlyn Stave: One quality that separates me from other actresses would perhaps be how cooperative I am. I am very willing to compromise if needed and open to ideas and trying new things.
11. If people want to hire you for an acting role in television or movies, who can they contact?
Caitlyn Stave: My manager Sir Tyronne Escalante from TEAM and my handler Kim Alfeche from Sparkle GMA Artist Center.
12. Are there any upcoming projects and appearances that you wish to promote?
Caitlyn Stave: Continue to watch Luv Is: Caught in His Arms weeknights at 8:50 pm on GMA; Zero Kilometers Away soon on online platforms of GMA; and All Out Sundays at 12 noon on GMA every Sunday!
Catriona Gray slams Facebook page for sharing false claims, using ‘Milby’ as her surname
Maja Salvador, BF Rambo Nuñez to get married in July
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.