Haughty starlet gets her just desserts
Fame or acclaim doesn’t—and shouldn’t—give celebrities the right to treat their coworkers shoddily. In fact, some of show biz’s biggest stars are also some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
And then, there’s Haughty Celebrity (HC), who has neither fame nor acclaim, but still has a tendency to throw her weight around—like she actually has weight to throw around.
HC was once asked to do a photo shoot as part of a promo blitz for a movie she was part of. Much to everyone’s frustration, HC arrived hours late—her hair still sopping wet—on the set.
Instead of being apologetic, HC had the audacity to berate a hapless production assistant about her dissatisfaction over the shoot’s art direction and her makeup. She screamed at the assistant and demanded that he call the producers. “I’m not being taken care of!” she insisted.
The assistant couldn’t get a hold of the producer. “What’s taking you so long? Wala ka bang load?” HC said condescendingly.
As if the goddess of karma realized that HC was being more naughty than nice, her movie tanked at the box office.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
•Abogado ni Bea Alonzo nagbantang idedemanda ang nagpapakalat ng fake news tungkol sa farm ng aktres sa Zambales (People are always “braver” when they think they can get away with stupidity or cluelessness.)
• Billy Crawford sa natanggap na ‘birthday bash’ ni Alex Gonzaga: ‘Kawawa naman, naaawa na ako sa kanya, sa totoo lang’ (The decisions we make have consequences. So was hers.)
• Dasal ni Baron Geisler dininig na ni Lord, maipatatayo na ang pangakong bahay para sa pamilya; matagal nang hindi umiinom ng alak (Let’s hope he stays sober.)
• Vice Ganda sinubukang ‘gamutin’ ang pagiging beki, nakipag-date sa 5 babae: “Hindi ko kayang humalik, hindi ko kayang humawak sa d*d*!” (‘Di nga? What were those girls thinking, anyway?)
• Marco Gumabao minulto sa Baguio: Feeling ko may nakapatong sa ulo ko at may naririnig akong footsteps sa room (Tsk. These pesky ghosts can’t be taught to respect boundaries, can they?)
• Christian Bautista, Kat Ramnani 4 years nang kasal pero wala pang anak: “We’ve been praying for it and trying…” (If at first, second, third you don’t succeed…)
• Rabiya Mateo proud na ipinakita ang nabiling bahay, mensahe sa mga breadwinner: Use that fuel to strive harder talaga (Fruit of her labor.)
• Basher na kumontra sa pagbabalik ni Sunshine Dizon sa GMA supalpal: “Huwag kuda nang kuda, huwag masyadong nagmamarunong” (In a way, that’s how social media empowers the powerless.)
• Karylle umiiyak na umamin kay Vhong Navarro: “Sorry dahil naubos ‘yung pag-asa ko” (But as they say, “Hope springs eternal.”)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.