Polarizing decision par for the course for controversial performer
Jaded Director (JD) wasn’t surprised when he heard how Defensive Performer (DP) has been trying to dodge brickbats for accepting a deeply polarizing acting assignment. While DP has never really hit the big time, she has nevertheless always managed to stay in the limelight with gigs that bank on DP’s over-the-top, hit-and-miss antics.
Apparently, JD and DP’s paths had crossed many years ago, just as JD’s hit international project was starting to take off. In a glitzy public sortie, DP approached JD and explained why JD should consider tapping her services for JD’s acclaimed show.
But DP’s next line was very telling, JD said. Just before DP continued greeting everybody in the room as if she were Ms Congeniality, DP told JD, “But assign the controversial parts to me, OK?”
“As you can see, DP thinks that the only way to get people’s attention is to shock them. She is KSP (kulang sa pansin)—then and now,” JD told Rushes. Ouch.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Maris Racal walang hiya-hiyang inirampa sa US ang nabiling OOTD sa ukay-ukay. (Her money. Her outfit. Her terms.)
• Dennis Padilla nakaramdam ba ng inggit kay Cesar Montano nang makitang kumpleto ang anak nito sa pagdiriwang ng 60th birthday? (Does this mean he has more kids than Cesar?)
• Tom Rodriguez bumuwelta sa basher na nakisawsaw sa breakup nila ni Carla Abellana: Naliligaw po yata kayo… (The speculation continues…)
• Kalook-alike ni Jericho Rosales pinagkaguluhan habang namamasyal sa isang park sa Davao. (They must already be missing Echo so much…)
• Jeric Raval ayaw pag-usapan ang anak na si Vanessa; hindi rin suportado ang paghuhubad ni AJ. (So they’re no longer Papa’s pets?)
• Nawala na raw ang kinang ni Liza Soberano mula nang magpa-manage kay James Reid? (Sounds like somebody’s just sourgraping.)
• Nikko Natividad ginaya ang swimsuit photo ni Elisse Joson, pinapili si McCoy de Leon: Bakit ako ang iuuwi mo? (So wacky this guys!)
• Romnick Sarmenta nagpasaring sa taong ginagawang excuse ang ‘art’ sa pagbabago ng katotohanan. (Such a ballsy move. The guy’s more outspoken than most actors.)
• Bea Alonzo dumanas din ng hirap sa buhay: Magkano kaya kikitain ko sa linggong ‘to? Makakabayad kaya kami ng kuryente at rent sa bahay? (This makes her life story even more of a fairy tale.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.