Has fame gone to aspiring performer’s head?
He possesses the kind of looks that’s good enough to launch a lucrative career as a performer. So when Mister Fantastic (MF) embarked on a career-boosting endeavor that helped thrust him onto the global stage, MF seized the opportunity—and “almost” succeeded.
After all, MF is charming as all get-out, and he seems genuinely grateful to the Happy Company (HC) responsible for the relative fame he enjoys at the moment. But, as Veteran Journo (VJ) quickly realized, appearances can be deceiving, particularly in MF’s case.
When VJ was arranging an interview with MF, all the initial negotiations went smoothly—until MF started making increasingly unreasonable demands.
First, MF didn’t want any mention of HC. While VJ found the “demand” odd, he agreed not to discuss MF’s relationship with HC. Then, MF wanted preapproved questions—so he said he could prepare well for the interview—and, still, VJ acquiesced.
But when MF started censoring the questions that VJ prepared, the latter put his foot down and canceled the interview altogether.
It’s a decision that VJ is now relieved to have made, especially after MF was tasked to perform in a high-profile event and performed so badly. “Nagkalat,” as netizens aptly noted: MK was flat for much of his performance, his voice cracked a couple of times, and he struggled to reach the high notes.
Has fame gone to his head? You bet. But it’s his once promising performing skills that have flown out the window. VJ’s unsolicited advice to MF: Practice makes perfect! INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Payo ni Maricel Laxa kay Donny Pangilinan: Sana maka-inspire kayo ng ibang tao, na maabot din nila ang kanilang mga pangarap. (Mom’s very wise words.)
• Rita Avila na-stress sa bilangan ng boto. (Kami rin.)
• Mike Enriquez nag-viral matapos tawagin si Sharon Cuneta na Helen Gamboa; netizens tawang-tawa. (There’s nothing wrong with looking like your favorite aunt, is there?)
• Angel Locsin sa Kakampinks: Huwag kang manghina dahil ibinigay natin ang lahat… itinaya ang pangalan at oras. (As always, the voice of reason… and inspiration.)
• Arjo Atayde, Richard Gomez, Lucy Torres, Ejay Falcon, Vico Sotto, Aiko Melendez, James Yap, iba pang celebs nanguna sa Eleksyon 2022. (Show biz and politics: How different is one from the other?)
• Ellen Adarna pinatanggal na ang breast implant dahil sa side effects, hirit ni Derek: ‘I miss your old boobs!’ (Oh, he met them, too?)
• Hugot ni Chito Miranda: Bakit ba gulat na gulat yung iba na pinsan ko si Donny Pangilinan… lamang lang siya sa ‘kin ng 2,000,000 paligo!? (Ilang galon kaya ‘yun?)
• Fanny Serrano pumanaw na sa edad na 72. (Our condolences to Tita Fanny’s loved ones.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.