Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson says he won't use real guns in films anymore | Inquirer Entertainment
Close  

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson says he won’t use real guns in films anymore

/ 04:52 AM November 05, 2021
FILE PHOTO: Cast member and producer Dwayne Johnson attends the premiere for the film "Red Notice" in Los Angeles, California, U.S., November 3, 2021. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

FILE PHOTO: Cast member and producer Dwayne Johnson attends the premiere for the film “Red Notice” in Los Angeles, California, U.S., November 3, 2021. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Hollywood action star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson said on Wednesday he would not use real guns in his movies anymore after a fatal shooting incident involving actor Alec Baldwin on a film set in New Mexico last month.

Johnson, who was in Los Angeles attending the world premiere of his new Netflix blockbuster “Red Notice” with co-stars Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot, said films made by his company, Seven Buck Productions, would “not use real guns ever again.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on Oct. 21 on the set of “Rust” when a gun Baldwin was holding released a live bullet, police said. Baldwin had been told that the gun was “cold,” an industry term meaning it was safe to use.

The incident has reignited concern about the use of prop guns like the weapon Baldwin discharged.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Alec Baldwin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Halyna Hutchins, live bullet, prop guns, Red Notice
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.