Actor’s ‘bloated sense of self’ makes him a challenge to work with
It isn’t easy to get access to Veteran Performer (VP), but if he’s in the mood, you just might stumble upon little-known facts about his coworkers’ idiosyncrasies. Yes, VP pulls no punches when asked about work-related issues—whether it’s about the hypocrisy of an opportunistic Film Executive (FE) or the onset quirks of his colleagues.
This was how Inquirer Entertainment learned about Asinine Jokester’s (AJ) “bloated sense of self,” as VP calls it.
AJ conceals his insecurities with his steely confidence, but AJ has always been a class all his own. If you’re a producer, you have to know how to stroke AJ’s ego to get the best of him: For example, AJ fought with his similarly Well-respected Coactor (WC) in a “fun” project full of talented vets. Behind the “happy” scenes of that production, however, the atmosphere between AJ and WC was ice-cold—because they bickered constantly!
And right after AJ was thrust into the limelight, he made it hard for producers to work with him. “Back then, his talent fee depended on how many lines he was supposed to deliver—he was charging by the line (laughs),” VP recalled.
Can we blame AJ? Not at all. As they say, AJ was simply “striking while the iron was hot.” Unfortunately, the iron didn’t stay hot for long. Oh well. INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• John Lloyd Cruz pinayuhan ni Iya Villania: Ginalingan mo kasi masyado, pars, ayan tuloy… (So, being exceptional has its downside…?)
• Julia Barretto todo kapit kay Gerald Anderson habang tinuturukan. (How sweet! Kapit pa, gurl.)
• Nadine Lustre lagot sa Viva kapag nagmaldita; pinayuhang tapusin na lang ang kontrata. (Nakup. Avid and rabid fans, where art thou?)
• Alex Gonzaga problemado sa ipinatatayong dream house nila ni Mikee Morada: Masakit sa ulo kasi nag-feeling ako! (Yes, Alex, hindi ‘yan parang bahay-bahayan lang.)
• Si Pokwang ang unang lumapit sa GMA para maging Kapuso. (Bold move.)
• Sharon Cuneta: ‘Pag 55 na kayo at malapit-lapit ang itchura n’yo sa akin, tsaka lang kayo magkaka-K mandiri! Yuck kayo! (Hmm. Tsk.)
• Xian Lim nahilo at nagsuka habang papunta sa Punta Fuego sa Batangas. (What have you done, Kim? Tee-hee.)
• Heart Evangelista umaming naging ‘robot’ noon; mga toxic sa buhay burado agad. (Yes! And now, she can look at the camera any time and say, “Chiz!”)
• Kris Aquino may tinapos na relasyon; inisa-isa ang katangiang hinahanap kay ‘Mr. Right’. (Nothing wrong for any woman to want her own Mr. Right.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.