Rising performer’s ‘unproductive time’ with seasoned singer
Promising Crooner (PC) has had an enviable set of mentors since he began pursuing a career in the business of show, among them Creative Razzle-dazzler (CR), Towering Nurturer (TN) and Astonishing Ingenue (AI). In fact, PC has nothing but effusive praise for all three. His latest mentor, Able Official (AO), is known for his kindness.
But when PC was recently asked in an interview to promote his brand-new endeavor about another former mentor—Graceful Singer (GS)—PC was suddenly at a loss for words. Pressed for a reason why he suddenly clammed up, PC apologized and said, he meant no disrespect.
Apparently, GS isn’t cut out for the task of mentoring because she isn’t willing to hurt her proteges’ feelings. Yes, it’s either that or she simply isn’t equipped to analyze or articulate her thoughts and prefers to “play safe” all the time.
When Seasoned Writer soldiered on and asked PC what he had learned from GS, PC simply quipped, “Nada.” You can’t be any clearer than that. Ouch. INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Ellen Adarna sa pakikipag-live in bago ang kasal: OK lang naman i-test drive mo muna bago mo bilhin. (This reference to driving sure looks like it’s snug fit for her.)
• Maine Mendoza nag-sorry sa mga negang tweet 10 years ago: It was my careless self talking… (Let’s call it “ghost” of Yaya Dubs’ past…)
• Maymay Entrata umamin na: Sa totoo lang po, may nagpapasaya na po sa aking puso… (Somebody out there must be saying, “Thank goodness!”)
• Gerald Anderson sumugal sa pag-ibig: Nanganib ang reputasyon ko, ang pangalan ko, pero ganu’n talaga, e! (Yup, for others, some things are better than “reputation.”)
• Gerald ibinuking ang reaksyon ni Julia Barretto sa ‘boxer briefs’ video; perfect 10 ang estado ng lovelife. (Will this “perfect 10” relationship be as ideal 2-3 years from now? Your guess is as good as mine.)
• Sunshine Dizon, Lovi Poe lilipat na rin sa ABS-CBN? (It’s like it hasn’t even lost its franchise…)
• Tetchie Agbayani sa nangyayari sa Pinas: Hindi ko maatim na magsawalang-kibo at magbulag-bulagan. (Spot on. And last time we checked, we still lived in a democracy.)
• Hirit ng nanay ni Ellen Adarna kay Derek Ramsay: Sure ka? No return, no exchange, ha! (Pretty, please…)
• Zoren Legaspi kay Carmina Villaroel: Magaling ka magtago, pero hindi ka magaling humawak ng pera. (Is that one way of saying, “Let’s switch places”?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.