Ogie Alcasid dismisses fake news about his ‘death’
MANILA, Philippines — Singer and actor Ogie Alcasid over the weekend dismissed an online article which stated that he was found dead inside his vehicle.
“Pls do not believe this. It is fake news,” the singer-songwriter said in an Instagram post on Sunday, as he shared a screenshot of the article.
“[I] did not want to show the name of the person who posted it but [I] just want to inform everyone that [I] am ok,” he assured his fans and followers. “Magmahalan naman po tayo (Let’s love each other).”
Alcasid’s wife, “Asia’s Songbird” Regine Velasquez, likewise thumbed down the bogus news item.
“Bakit naman kailangan gumawa ng ganitong balita?” Velasquez said in a separate Instagram post.
“Alam namin at [tanggap] na namin na parti na ng aming buhay ang pagusapan kami mahirap pero kasama talaga ito sa trabaho namin.”
(Why do people need to start this kind of news? We know and have accepted that this is a part of our lives, for us to the subject of rumors, this is hard for us when it comes to our jobs.)
“May pamilya po kaming maaaring mag alala kung ito ay mabasa nila. Kaya pakiusap po wag naman,” she added.
(We have families who may start to worry if they read this. That’s why I am asking to not do it.)
Regine assured her family and friends that Ogie is in good health.
“To our families and friends, this is a fake news Ogie is home safe and healthy.”
While Ogie said that he is fine, he previously faced a health scare as he tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) after taking a rapid test.
But a swab test result showed that he was negative for the dreaded respiratory illness
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.