Gay studio exec is a casting couch vet
In show business, if you’re gay and hold a high-level position in a big production company, there are two things that can happen to you if you don’t watch out; You either end up getting used and abused by men wanting to further their show biz careers or you end up using and abusing them.
Such was the case of Benevolent Rake (BR). Young men would go to him to ask for favors or acting breaks and, in return, they willingly accept BR’s sexual advances.
One actor, who was spotted holding hands with BR while walking in a secluded parking lot, ended up becoming one of the main cast members of the project that BR had been working on at the time.
Another actor, who asked for financial aid for his mom’s hospitalization, claimed that BR told him he could give him the money only if he visited BR’s home. The guy must have really pleased BR because days later, he was also seen driving one of BR’s cars. It had been on loan until his mom got better.
Yes, this also happens in other production companies, so be wary. As the popular millennial’s meme goes: “You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.”
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Coco Martin pumalag sa bashers ng ABS-CBN: Hindi ito ang tamang panahon para sa ganitong mga pangyayari… (Cardo to the rescue.)
• Richard Gomez hopes ABS-CBN shutdown is just temporary. (Fingers crossed, Goma.)
• “IIkot muli ang roleta:” Bea Alonzo pens heartfelt poem for ABS-CBN. (How cinematic…)
• Angelica Panganiban, bumuwelta sa pagsasara ng ABS-CBN: Sukdulan na ang kasamaan niyo… (Go, Angge, go.)
• Regine Velasquez slams critics of ABS-CBN: “Bakit pinagtatawanan mo ang paghihinagpis namin?” (There are a lot of trolls out there, Reg. And their lives are probably more miserable than yours.)
• Direk Peque Gallaga, malaking kawalan sa film industry. (But his legacy remains.)
• Toni and Alex Gonzaga, Robin Padilla draw flak after showing support for ABS-CBN. (The sisters are understandable. Pero ano ba talaga, Kuya?)
• Kim Chiu emosyonal sa pagsasara ng Kapamilya network. (It’s the only “home” she’s known.)
• ABS-CBN stars Lorna Tolentino at Zsa Zsa Padilla, back to farming muna pagkatapos ng ECQ. (Love farmers.)
• Assunta de Rossi buntis matapos ang 16 na taon na paghihintay… (Good things come to those who wait.)
• Julia Barretto reveals struggle with anxiety disorder: “It’s a dark place.” (Hang in there, Julia.)
• Sharon Cuneta emosyonal sa IG Live ukol sa panawagan “NoToABSCBNShutdown.” (She’s mega-upset.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.