Actor’s slip of the tongue reveals more than intended
Secretive Metrosexual’s (SM) sexual orientation has always been the subject of speculation ever since he caught viewers’ attention in a talent search. There’s really no surprise there—SM’s never been seen dating women despite his physical pluperfection and eye-candy appeal. He was even said to be the apple of Amiable Macho’s (AM) eye for some time before their “special friendship” went pfft.
Other than his sexuality, SM has been keeping another well-guarded secret: He isn’t the son of the man who raised him—which is noticeable in the disparity of his skin color and that of his “father’s.” One fateful interview, however, SM slipped and disclosed why his Caucasian-sounding name wasn’t “in sync” with his less-than-Caucasian looks. “Ah, must be because my real dad is (race),” he quipped absent-mindedly.
Then, SM realized what he just did. Oops.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Ellen Adarna kinumpirma ang relasyon sa Spanish boyfriend, tinangging pag-usapan ang breakup kay John Lloyd Cruz. (Awkward.)
• Tanong ni John Lloyd: “Paano magpatulog ng baby?” (You mean, you don’t know, Lloyd?)
• John Lloyd umaming na-miss si Bea Alonzo; tumangging makasama si Angelica Panganiban! (Well, who said Angelica wanted to work with him?)
• Bea nag-iingat din patungkol sa mental health issue. (She plays safe, as always.)
• Erik Matti on K-dramas: “Faux cinderella stories with Belofied actors whiter than white.” (He doesn’t want what he can’t make…)
• Kontrobersyal na video ni Arci Muñoz na may komentong “hindi ako mabibiktima” patungkol kay Gerald Anderson ni-like ni Julia Barretto sa Instagram post ni Anderson. (Very telling. Right, Bea?)
• BB Gandanghari naging emosyonal sa pag-alala sa kapatid na si Robin Padilla: Nagparaya siya! (Blood is thicker than water.)
• Heart Evangelista papansin sa mga netizens, magmula sa “paglilinis ng bahay” hanggang sa pagsuot ng pantulog! (Must be how she keeps herself “relevant.”)
• Mga celebrities nag-react sa sinabi ni Michael V. na “No to publicizing help concerning pandemic.” (Oo nga naman. Celebrities just can’t help it, right Michael?)
• Enchong Dee dinala sa opisina ni VP Leni Robredo ang kanyang big-time donations! (Way to go, Enchong!)
• Angelika dela Cruz sinabing pabor siya sa martial law upang masugpo ang pandemic? (Be careful what you ask for…)
• Gamer na si Bianca Yao nilinaw na walang namamagitan sa kanila ni Alden Richards. (Nemen.)
• Kim Chiu worth half million ang birthday blowout! (What is she a Chinita Princess for, right Xian?)
• Kuya Wil Revillame nag-donate ng P1M sa GMA Kapuso Foundation para sa Operation Bayanihan. (That’s putting his money where his mouth is.)
• Carla Abellana nagpaliwanag kung bakit pabor siya sa prenup agreement. (Doesn’t hurt to be sigurista.)
• Gary Valenciano’s online concert nakalikom ng P7M! (The upside of “the new normal.”)
• Dimples Romana suportado ng mga adik sa TikTok. (Is that supposed to be flattering?)
• Matapos magpatawad, Cherry Pie Picache patuloy ang pagtulong sa preso… (It takes a lot of maturity to do that.)
• Gabby Concepcion at Piolo Pascual nagmukhang ermitanyo ngayong panahon ng quarantine. (You mean they carry a staff and wear shaggy hair?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.