Spotlight on Ara Altamira
Reaching your dreams may take years… Oftentimes, it will be challenge-filled and full of twists and turns that if you are not strong-willed and determined enough, they will derail you, discourage you, and make you quit.
However, for those who believe in themselves and no matter what they go through the journey is always worth it in the end.
The above perfectly sums up the journey of Ara Altamira, one of the prettiest, brightest and tallest new female actresses to enter the entertainment industry. If her face looks familiar it is because she has appeared and continues to appear in several top shows of the two premiere local channels in the country. From her being in the background and supporting roles, Ara Altamira is steadily and surely gaining momentum, experience, and valuable mainstream exposure in her young career as an actress. The sky is the limit for this young actress who has never given up but kept on trying and trying.
Ara Altamira is one of the best newcomers to come to showbiz as of late.
Now, with my usual introduction done, let us hear it from Ara Altamira herself as she narrates her entry into showbiz here in the Philippines.
Below is my exclusive interview with Ara Altamira.
1) How did you get into acting ?
Ara Altamira: I already love acting since young, I always act in front of the mirror but I started acting in front of many people during high school. We did a musical stage play of “Sound of Music”. I played the role of Sister Agatha and I won best actress award.
2) What made you decide to pursue an acting career ?
Ara Altamira: Nag start ako as background talent sa “Bubble Gang” nung 2010, then in many other shows from GMA, ABS-CBN and TV5. Until such time I felt na parang di umuusad yung career ko, I decided to work in Singapore. I worked there for 3 years. Then I bumped into my Pinoy friend, Bryalle Benoza (co-talent in Philippines, now a model/ artist in Indonesia). He encouraged me to pursue modeling and acting in Indonesia. too. He said he can introduce me to his manager if gusto ko. Nag dalawang isip ako nun, because I already gave up my dream, feeling ko hindi para sa akin. Then nagkataon nagsasara na yung mga stores ng company na pinag woworkan ko sa SG, so instead na bumalik agad ako ng Philippines, I decided to take the opportunity in Indonesia muna. Rather than regret na di ko sinubukan, so binuhay ko ulit yung pangarap ko in acting.
3) Relatively a newcomer in the entertainment industry, you have appeared already in numerous programs in the top two channels in the country. What can you say are the qualities you possess which have made you an in-demand actress so that a lot of programs want to get you as a regular cast member in their programs?
Ara Altamira: Di naman ako talaga sobra in demand, madami pa ko kakainin bigas. Pero I’m always thankful sa projects na nadating, maliit man o malaki. “A grateful heart is a magnet of blessings and miracles”, ayan sigurong paniniwala kong yan ang reason bakit lagi may blessings na nadating.
4) Can you name the programs on television that you are a currently part of? Also, what roles do you portray in each respective program? The channels they are in, and the time they are shown?
Ara Altamira: Currently is yung “Daddy’s Gurl” on GMA network every Saturday 7pm as ‘Chloe’ (officemate ni Maine Mendoza), small role lang talaga. Pero yung “My Special Tatay” still airing, di ko pa sure if babalik pa ulit yung character ko as ‘Veronica’. Abangan na lang and panoorin pa rin kasi ako personally, nagagandahan talaga ako sa kwento nyan.
5) Please tell us about the movie you are currently filming? Also, is this the very first movie you will be appearing in? When will it come out? How were you approached to do this movie? What role do you play?
Ara Altamira: Done filming na yung “Mga Mata Sa Dilim” as ‘Jane’ (Jessy Mendiola’s malanding friend). Around summer pa ang showing under Cinebro. Then I also have a cameo role in Regal films “Papa Pogi”, around march. Another cameo for Regal films “Stranded”.
6) When you are not taping any program, doing a photoshoot, endorsing a product and filming a movie, how do you usually spend your downtime or days off?
Ara Altamira: I usually stay home, sleep or go to spa. I rest as much as I can and pamper myself.
7) Do you prefer playing and portraying a good person or a bad person on television and movies? Which role do you believe is more suited and compatible to your real life personality?
Ara Altamira: Madalas sinasabi nila na bagay sakin ang kontrabida. But for me, siguro I like the concept of being bidang kontrabida. Yung tipong everyone thinks na masama siya or masungit pero deep inside meron siyang tinatagong ganda sa puso niya.
8) What are your hobbies and interests?
Ara Altamira: I really love singing. I play billiards. I do Muay Thai to release stress.
9) Are you currently dating anyone or entertaining suitors?
Ara Altamira: I’m not dating anyone. I want to focus on my career first. But there’s one guy that’s keeping me inspired.
10) What kind of music do you like to listen to when you want to be relieved of stress or simply to relax?
Ara Altamira: Depende sa mood. If super down, I will play worship songs. If feeling lonely, mga acoustic love songs.
11) What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently during a taping of a program and filming of a movie?
Ara Altamira: Funniest yung for movie ng Regal movie na “Stranded”, yung eksena ko sa movie yung nakakatawa, abangan na lang.
12) What kind of advices have you been getting from your veteran and more seasoned co-stars in the entertainment industry?
Ara Altamira: Sobrang tagal ng advice sa akin ito, pero lagi ko tinatandaan, from Ate Peachy (Ruffa Mae Quinto). Hindi ito yung exact words na sinabi niya pero this is the main thought: Mahirap mag artista, mapupuyat ka, mapapagod ka pero di ka pwede magreklamo kasi gusto mo yan, eh. Di ka pwede mag attitude. Kailangan mo bantayan kilos mo kasi konting mali mo lang pwede ka masira. Mahirap, kaya dapat before pasukin ang pag aartista, sigurado kang ito ang gusto mo at masaya ka.
13) You are very slim and tall. What kind of diet do you have and how have you maintained your figure?
Ara Altamira: I don’t eat rice. It’s not only because of diet, I just don’t like rice at all. Haha
14) What is the sweetest thing anyone has done for you recently?
Ara Altamira: Wala ata. Abangan ko na lang sa birthday ko, baka meron mag abala para i-surprise ako. Haha
15) What do you see yourself doing for a living 6 to 7 years from now?
Ara Altamira: Still in showbiz, but managing my own business as well.
16) If there is a song that encapsulates who you are now, what is that song?
Ara Altamira: “Dream It Possible” by Delacey
“Never quit and never stop
It’s not until you fall that you fly
When your dreams come alive
Take a shot, chase the sun
Find the beautiful
We will glow in the dark
Turning dust to gold
And we’ll dream it possible
17) Tell us something that most people do not know about you?
Ara Altamira: I don’t have both of my parents. I am still grieving for losing my mom after all the sacrifices I made and that’s the secret bakit mabilis tumulo ang luha ko if there’s a scene na kailangan umiyak.
18) Who is Ara Altamira in a nutshell?
Ara Altamira: Ara is independent, sanay mag-isa and to deal with things on her own. Madiskarte, ayaw niya yung walang ginagawa. To be productive. Workaholic, because her work is not just work, but her passion as well.