Rayver Cruz moves back to GMA after 18 years
Rayver Cruz has returned to GMA Network, putting to rest rumors of his departure from ABS-CBN.
Speculations began to stir when the 29-year-old actor left his talent management Star Magic last June. Cruz’s last project with ABS-CBN was the fantasy series “Bagani”.
According to a June report in Bandera, Cruz bid goodbye to ABS-CBN chief operation officer Cory Vidanes, ABS-CBN entertainment production head Laurenti Dyogi, and Star Magic head Mr. M (Johnny Manahan) and Mariolle Alberto.
Handler Luz Bagalacsa only had good things to say about her talent, stating that he had been kind and gave them no problems. ABS-CBN TV executives were said to have described him as professional and talented as an artist.
However, Cruz supposedly told his management that he needed to earn more, given that he is the breadwinner of his family.
He is back in the network where he began through the youth informative show “5 and Up”. Now that he’s returned, Cruz told “24 Oras”, “It’s a new beginning for me, fresh start, and I’m open sa mga bagong challenges na gagawin ko sa GMA (I’m open to new challenges that I will do in GMA).”
During the contract signing with GMA executives earlier today, Sept. 6, he said his upcoming project will be with Kris Bernal and Thea Tolentino. He also revealed that he had the chance to transfer even last year.
Cruz told “24 Oras” that he’s looking forward to working with GMA’s biggest stars, such as Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes, Jennylyn Mercado and Heart Evangelista.
The actor joins his brother Rodjun and rumored girlfriend Janine Gutierrez on the network, and said that he is also willing to work with them. Niña V. Guno/JB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.