Gorgeous star’s sister lives in dire poverty
Gorgeous Belle seems to have it all—booming career, blooming love life—while Beautiful Half-Sister lives in dire poverty.
BH does not want to bother GB, saying they were never close anyway. Luckily, BH found Ardent Supporter, who’s steering her in the right direction.
BH has been joining pageants and has even won a title.
A mole says GB should extend a helping hand to BH, especially now that the latter is planning to join show business.
Clash of the titans
Trouble is brewing in Major Company. Big Boss brought in Top Honcho to oversee new projects, but TH doesn’t see eye to eye with Studio Insider.
Sources claim that shouting matches between TH and SI have become much too frequent. Is this why activities in MC have screeched to a halt? SI is not known for shying away from any battle, big or small.
Showbiz Neophyte has yet to receive a huge prize from a contest he won a few years ago. Is this bureaucratic red tape or sheer incompetence?
If SN’s folks get impatient, they may run to a legal eagle. That camp has been in a litigious mood lately.
Losing a pal
Because of a recent controversy, High-Profile Personality is in danger of losing a lucrative career. HP has already lost a good friend because of the scandal, and another buddy has been put in a bad light.
Clown in tears
From the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Jovial Celebrity is battling depression—devastated, friends note, by recent family problems. The final straw was his kids turning their backs on him.
Well-meaning friends have advised JC to tell the children exactly why the family was torn apart. Everyone knows JC’s Controversial Partner caused the breakup.
Faith is on her way
Hazel Faith is Curve Entertainment’s newest recording artist. Her first single, “Plastic” (written by Andrei Dionisio) is out, and the music video will soon be released on YouTube and other music channels.
As a student, she joined the “Glee Send Off to Hollywood Contest” mounted by Solar Entertainment, and won. She was sent to the United States for a walk-in part in the hit TV series.
Hazel worked as a junior architect after college, then quit to go back on track via a bit role in the GMA 7 series, “Kasalanan Bang Ibigin Ka.”
She was cast in Jeffrey Jeturian’s Cinemalaya film “Ekstra,” which starred Vilma Santos. Currently, she has a recurring role in the hit morning TV series, “Be Careful With My Heart.”
Top of the talk shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- JM de Guzman, asked if he went to rehab: “Yes, [because] I lost control.” (Kudos to you.)
- JM on how rehab changed him: “Na-appreciate ko ang mga bagay na nilalatag sa ’kin ng Diyos… dati, akala ko kaya ko lahat.” (It’s never just us.)
- JM on returning to work: “Nagpapasalamat ako [dahil] ’di lahat nabibigyan ng second chance.” (Don’t waste it!)
- Darlene Vibares on not winning “The Voice Kids PH”: “Gusto ko pong mag-sorry kina mama kasi ’di ko natupad ’yung wish nila.” (You were great. Something else will come along.)
- Darren Espanto on turning emotional after losing the contest: “Naalala ko ang sacrifices ng parents ko.” (No sacrifice is ever wasted. Just you wait.)
- Lyca Gairanod, asked if she thought she would win: “Opo… kasi po nagdasal po ako kay God.” (Siguradong nagdasal din naman ’yung iba, pero in fairness, ang galing mo.)
- Melissa Ricks on finding out that she’s pregnant: “I wanted to cry… I was happy but I was scared.” (Uh, congratulations?)
- Paolo Bediones on his sex video that went viral: “There are bigger issues … that need to be addressed.” (Dude, you had sex—which shouldn’t a scandal make, except, it was on video.)
- Carla Abellana on ex-BF Geoff Eigenmann: “I no longer want to talk about him. Baka sabihin I’m using him to promote a project.” (Let’s not talk about Geoff then, or promote any project.)
- Carla on rumored suitor Tom Rodriguez writing poems for her: “Wala nang gumagawa ngayon niyan… makes you feel special.” (Let’s talk about Tom.)
- Tom, asked if his relationship with Carla is getting deeper: “It’s been evolving in that direction; I just want to go with it.” (Poetry, man; stay there.)
- Raymart Santiago on estranged wife Claudine Barretto’s photos that show her leg scars, allegedly from physical abuse: “Ayoko nang sakyan ang mga trip nila.” (Amen!)
- Raymart on rumors that Gretchen Barretto is his financier: “Ayoko nang magsalita diyan.” (Good call.)
- Jennylyn Mercado on rumors that she’s dating Dennis Trillo again: “I don’t think kailangan bigyan ng malisya ang pagkakaibigan.” (Here we go. Remember?)
Startalk, The Buzz