Exodus of unhappy stars seen
Studio whispers, not so careless, are getting louder: Beleaguered Station’s Top Talents are considering a mass exodus to Rival Studio.
It is said that Hunky Heartthrob is just waiting for his contract to end; and then he will definitely bolt. HH is reportedly feeling antsy because he’s no longer the favorite of powerful execs who are at odds with his camp.
Handsome Star has allegedly sent feelers to RS as well. Powerhouse Couple is rumored to be making the big switch to Different Channel. HS’ Lady Love is torn between RS and DC.
Then again, it was LL’s former handler who reportedly spread the scuttlebutt—obviously to sweeten negotiations with BS.
Don’t be surprised that Hunky Actor is feeling glum these days. Apparently, Influential Insider did not allow HA to take a few days leave.
HA had asked permission to attend an important international event. No way, said II.
Funny thing is, while HA will be left behind, other Handsome Stars from his home studio are set to attend the glamorous occasion—with the Big Bosses.
Should HA insist, or should he just keep mum? Tough.
Noisy Insider is spewing venom. It has reached NI that Vociferous Nemesis has regained a position of power in the industry.
NI has some pretty harsh words to say about VN. To think that many believed they had patched things up! Obviously, they’re not ready to make nice, contrary to early pronouncements. Tupperware party?
Heard on the Radyo Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.):
Some things never change. Major Star snubbed autograph-seekers and snapshot-hunters after a show abroad.
The fans had waited in chilly weather. Talk about giving the cold shoulder.
Insiders blame MS’ Notorious Relative for being the party pooper. But MS should also take responsibility. MS could have very well intervened and reached out to the freezing followers.
Picked up from the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Macho Actor is often the cause of delay on the set of his latest project.
Apart from being tardy, MA repeatedly bungles up his scenes because he is unable to deliver simple lines of dialogue.
Colleagues are stunned: MA has been around for quite a while. Outspoken Costar couldn’t resist blabbing about MA’s inadequacies, so now everyone knows.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Ara Mina on reconciling with sister Cristine Reyes: “Mas close kami ngayon compared before. Almost every day kami magka-text … Very open na siyang nakakapagsabi ng ‘I love you’ sa ’kin.” (Let’s see.)
- Ara on withdrawing grave coercion charges she filed against Cristine: “Ang pangit naman kung pinatawad mo na pero may kaso pa rin. Alam ko maraming magsasabi na magdedema-demanda pa ako pero papatawarin ko rin pala. Eh natural ’yun kasi magkapatid kami.” (What, you forgot this when you filed the case?)
- Heart Evangelista on her sexy magazine cover: “Nasa-shy pa rin ako kasi I’ve never shown that much skin in my life.” (Why now kaya?)
- Pauleen Luna, asked what she gave Vic Sotto for his birthday: “It’s hard to think of a gift for somebody who has everything, or who can get everything he wants.” (Sweet alibis.)
- Vic, asked about his relationship with Pauleen: “Parati naman kaming masaya.” (Actually, we’ve never seen Bossing this … uh, soft.)
- Ryza Cenon on posing for men’s mag, FHM: “Feeling ko naman ready na ako saka tumatanda na rin naman ako.” (We’re flaunting it before gravity takes over, right?)
- Richard Poon on his engagement with Maricar Reyes: “Kung puwede lang, bukas [kasal na]. But we’re gonna plan it well.” (Good boy!)
- Gerald Anderson on his movie “On the Job” being part of Directors’ Fortnight at this year’s Cannes Film Festival: “Sobra akong proud na ire-represent namin ’yung mga Pilipino … It just shows na kapag may pangarap ka, walang imposible.” (You already!)
- Piolo Pascual, who’s also in the cast of “On the Job”: “It’s a dream come true; an answered prayer. We’re all excited.” (You too, already!)
- Kathryn Bernardo on Daniel Padilla’s successful concert: “Naiyak nga ako. Nakakaloka!” (Aww.)
- Daniel on filling the Big Dome with 16,000 fans: “Totoo ba ’to?” (That’s above capacity!)
- KC Concepcion, asked when she planned to settle down: “Go with the flow na lang ako!” (Uh, with whom?)
- Toni Gonzaga on sister Alex’s long, thin legs: “Model kasi siya ng skeletal system!” (Have a burger, on us.)
- Gretchen Barretto on the ongoing tiff with her family: “Hindi madali ang pinagdadaanan ko ngayon. Hindi madali ’yung pinag-uusapan ka ng buong Pilipinas … away-pamilya ’to, hindi dapat isa-publiko. I learned this week that a tight embrace means the world to me. I learned na marami rin palang nagmamahal sa akin. I also learned that life is not perfect and I can’t have everything. Ayokong magsalita.” (Good decision, even for us.)
Startalk, The Buzz
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94