Starlet’s skeletons stumble out of the closet
Stunning Starlet is scared. Are her past indiscretions about to be exposed like skeletons stumbling out of the closet?
Having incurred the wrath of people who know her deepest, darkest secrets, SS’ fears are not totally unwarranted.
For starters, enemies now know about her “ailment,” an untreated addiction to men. Worse, this “illness” once bore fruit that was terminated with dispatch.
Of course, these scandals are ammunition for the villains in SS’s soap-operatic life.
High, not dry
Seems the scuttlebutt about Controversial Personality’s supposed compulsions are not exaggerated.
CP was once invited to a formal sit-down dinner thrown by snobbish VIPs. CP allegedly arrived soused and stoned.
The party hosts were stunned and then frustrated because CP just stared into empty space all night.
Pressed to take part in the dinnertime chatter, CP spewed out unintelligible gibberish, according to shocked witnesses.
Scandalous Celeb is “boy crazy.” A political scion, SC spares no one and won’t think twice about going to bed even with gay friends.
SC once had an affair with Married Colleague. Funny thing is, MC is neither a hunk nor a looker. The relationship jinxed MC, who is now in dire straits and is often seen selling all sorts of useless stuff to former costars.
Fit for a queen
Picked up from the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Though Sexy Actress has been jobless lately, she still lives in luxury. She has obviously put to good use ill-gotten wealth she acquired from Dubious Personalities 1 and 2.
Now that DP 1 and 2 are no longer influential, SA is able to maintain a queenly lifestyle, having invested past “earnings” wisely. Savvy, you might say.
Having risen from poverty, SA knows only too well that it’s wise to save up for a rainy day.
Heard on the Radyo Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.), Popular Starlet is getting antsy, unsatisfied with the slow pace of her career.
PS is purportedly unhappy with the bosses’ decision to not give her new assignments.
Turns out PS, in spite of protestations to the contrary, is really interested in a plum role.
Word has it that that the coveted part will be given to Younger Nymphet and PS will have no more than a bit role in the high-profile project.
Is that why PS went berserk?
Back to rehab
NEW YORK—“Glee” star Cory Monteith is heading to rehab, according to People.
Monteith’s rep told the magazine that the actor has “voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.” People reported the news on Sunday on its website.
This is not the 30-year-old’s first time. He got treatment when he was 19 and has spoken about his addiction, saying he had a serious problem and took just “anything and everything.”
Monteith stars as Finn Hudson on the Fox show. He dates costar Lea Michele, who told People that she loves and supports him and is proud he’s going to rehab. AP
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Ai-Ai de las Alas on rumors that she’s pregnant: “Delayed ako hanggang ngayon… mga nine days na. Let’s hope and pray na kahit isa lang, magka-anak kami ni Jed (Salang).” (Couldn’t this wait till it was confirmed?)
- Kathryn Bernardo, asked if she had received the Louis Vuitton bag Daniel Padilla promised her: “Ayoko namang mag-expect sa kanya! Sabihin ng mga tao napaka-materialistic ko!” (You announced this on television; we wish you didn’t. Next time, don’t give in to your interviewers, even if they’re older.)
- Jake Cuenca, asked if he’s dating Cristine Reyes: “We have a very good understanding. We have a good friendship at parang ayaw kong sirain ’yun…” (How original.)
- Dina Bonnevie on ex-husband Vic Sotto’s relationship with Pauleen Luna: “Masyadong malaki ’yung age gap. Baka naman pagdating ng time na matanda na si Vic magsawa siya. In four years, senior citizen na siya, eh. But I wish them happiness.” (Gotta hand it to her for always calling a spade a spade.)
- Andi Eigenmann on rumors that she ran away from home after a fight with mom Jaclyn Jose: “’Di ako naglayas—nagbakasyon ako sa ibang bansa. It was just a mother-daughter thing, pero okay na.” (You say vacation; they say you ran away… tomato, tomahto…)
- Janice de Belen, asked if she and ex-husband John Estrada exchanged pleasantries during their daughter Kaila’s graduation: “Wala.” (Winner.)
- Charlene Gonzalez, asked if she’d allow daughter Atasha to join beauty pageants someday: “Sa akin, walang problema. Si Aga ang tanungin ni’yo!” (We anticipate a big fat “no.”)
- Matteo Guidicelli on her alleged relationship with Jessy Mendiola: “Ang masasabi ko lang, Jessy and I are in a relationship. I don’t want to put any label. We’re not together—we’re not boyfriend, girlfriend or anything. In my heart, Jessy is very special to me.” (Ang masasabi lang namin, “in a relationship” means boyfriend-girlfriend. Could you be any more confused?)
- Empress Schuck, ready to accept more mature roles: “Kailangan as an actress nago-grow ka talaga. Napag-isipan ko na eto na talaga ’yung time ko.” (Good luck, whatever that is.)
- Vice Ganda on why he stopped his basketball player boyfriend from guesting on his show: “Gusto ko kasing pangalagaan naman ang pribadong buhay ng tao kasi hindi naman show biz ’yun.” (Please repeat that for epals.)
- Christian Bautista on rekindling romance with ex-girlfriend Rachelle Ann Go: “’Yung mga rekindling na ’yan, mahirap i-spell ’yan! It will happen onstage, in front of the cameras.” (And stay there?)
The Buzz, Hot TV
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94