Haughty star has ‘wet and wild’ problemBy the Entertainment staff | Philippine Daily Inquirer
Heard on the Radyo Inquirer show “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.): Haughty Star is not well-loved by peers. In fact, HS has incurred the ire of not a few coworkers.
So it comes as no surprise that HS is whispered about in the studio because of an embarrassing condition.
Under the hot studio lights, HS sweats profusely, particularly under the arms. It is most obvious when HS is wearing a colorful outfit.
We suggest HS go after a deodorant commercial. Or “Wet Ones.”
All sorts of nasty talk have been hounding Beautiful Starlet. Not a few insiders have pointed out that she is an incorrigible flirt.
A spy insists that BS fooled around with a slew of costars—including Popular Hunk and Closet Cutie. She just doesn’t discriminate.
BS also seduced Handsome Insider, a high-ranking member of the production team. Problem is, HI is engaged to Haughty Star. (See above.)
Talented Performer’s ego has ballooned bigger than his fan base, says a mole.
Making matters worse, TP’s High-Flying Manager has likewise become very demanding.
Local producers are being turned off by the duo’s overbearing ways. No one wants to hire TP because HM’s asking price is too steep.
TP should really consider dumping HM now. Humility goes a long way in the biz.
From the Inquirer tabloid Bandera: Hunky Star has been raising well-plucked brows in the gay community.
Wealthy Benefactor asked HS out on a date. HS quoted a mind-boggling six-figure talent fee for one night.
Without missing a beat, WB agreed—and took out HS. Twice. So HS laughed all the way to the bank—with almost P2 million!
HS is no spring chicken and sour-graping insiders believe WB had overpaid him.
Neophyte Insider was unhappy with the way a Pet Project turned out.
Although fast friends with PP’s producers and stars, NI quit in the middle of production.
PP ran into all sorts of problems; NI was probably right to bail out before the ship sank.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (And why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Ryzza Mae Dizon, asked what she wanted to have after buying a car: “Bahay po sa Fairview!” (Gee, little girls used to dream of much less. But aiming high—carry on!)
- Heart Evangelista, asked if she and Sen. Chiz Escudero were already talking marriage: “No … as of now we’re just enjoying every minute of our lives.” (And the fun stops when talk of marriage starts?)
- Oyo Sotto, asked if he was willing to sit down to dinner with dad Vic and his girlfriend Pauleen Luna: “Oo naman. Kita ko naman na happy si Daddy.” (Good gauge.)
- Vic, asked if he paid for Pauleen’s new house: “Wala akong kinalaman diyan! Mayaman ang pamilya niya!” (Uh, that doesn’t necessarily follow.)
- Krista Kleiner on why she and Jay-R broke up: “The relationship was getting a little bit abusive.” (Before it became really abusive…?)
- Max Collins, asked how “Pahiram ng Sandali” changed her life: “Dati kapag nasa labas ako, sasabihin ng mga tao ‘Uy, si ano!’ Pero now, they know my name.” (A name is certainly a step up from “ano.” But next time they should at least be saying: “Uy, si ano—magaling ’yan!”)
- Marjorie Barretto, asked if she was okay with daughter Julia falling in love at 16: “I told her huwag muna ma-in love talaga kasi ang daming puwedeng mangyari at makakapigil lang ang love na ’yan ’di ba?” (Cautionary tales galore. You gotta be more convincing, mom.)
- Zsa Zsa Padilla, asked if she planned to sell the Parañaque City house she shared with Dolphy: “Sa ngayon hindi pa [although] alog-alog kami doon. It’s a big house—medyo malungkot kasi tatlo lang kami.” (Take your time.)
- Eva Cariño on watching daughter BB Gandanghari’s kissing scene in “Halik ng Tarantula”: “Nag-palpitate ang heart ko. Parang gusto kong tumayo pero naninigas ang mga paa ko—hindi ako makakilos … parang gusto kong magdahilan na pupunta sa CR pero ayaw ko naman kasi baka mapansin ako ni BB na tumayo o umalis. Baka ma-distract siya.” (Take it easy, mom. How you deal with this is your decision and yours alone.)
- BB’s nephew Raprap Padilla on “Halik”: “Medyo shocking. Pero BB na BB na si Tita BB!” (Could you be a little more emphatic?)
- Gretchen Barretto, asked if she was still dreaming of marrying longtime partner Tony Boy Cojuangco: “’Yun ang ini-expect ng tao sa kultura natin. Pero I’ve come to a point in my life na Tony has [proven] his love for me—that is more than enough. Kapag nakasuot ako ng puting damit, parang kinakasal na rin ako.” (Not nearly the same, but good for you.)
- Daniel Padilla, asked by Kathryn Bernardo what he wanted for his birthday: “Gusto ko ng shoes … ay, bass guitar na lang pala!” (Yes, we saw this, and it was embarrassing especially because, in return, Kathryn asked Daniel for a Louis Vuitton bag for her birthday. That was after much goading from the two adult host-interviewers: “This is your chance; we’re on national TV—he has to deliver.” What was that about?!)
(Startalk, The Buzz)
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.