Angel Locsin, ER Ejercito win top acting honors in 29th Star Awards for MoviesBy Allan Policarpio | Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines—Angel Locsin, star of the family drama “One More Try,” and ER Ejercito of the bio epic “El Presidente” won the top acting honors in the 29th PMPC Star Awards for Movies Sunday night.
“El Presidente,” which also stars Superstar Nora Aunor, won the Movie of the Year award for mainstream cinema. Movie of the Year award for the indie category went to “Alagwa.” The annual awards are given out by the Philippine Movie Press Club.
Carlo Aquino (“Mater Dolorosa”) was named Movie Supporting Actor of the Year while Janice de Belen (“Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles”) bagged the Movie Supporting Actress of the Year award.
Mark Meily won the award for Movie Director of the Year for “El Presidente” in the mainstream category. Ian Dean Loreños got the award for the indie “Alagwa.”
The rest of the awardees are as follows:
– Child Performer of the Year—Bugoy Cariño for “Alagwa”
– New Movie Actress of the Year—Tippy dos Santos for ”I Do Bidoo Bidoo” and Kim Komatsu for “Mga Mumunting Lihim” (tie)
– New Movie Actor of the Year—Neil Coleta, “I Do Bidoo Bidoo”
– Cinematographer of the Year—Odyssey Flores for “Thy Womb” (indie); Carlo Mendoza for “El Presidente”(mainstream).
– Ulirang Alagad ng Pelikula sa Likod ng Kamera Lifetime Achievement Award—veteran cinematographer Romy Vitug
– Screenwriter of the Year—Ian Loreños for “Alagwa” (indie); Mark Meily, “El Presidente” (mainstream)
– Production Designer of the Year—Brillante Ma. Mendoza for “Thy Womb” (indie); Danny Red and Joel Bilbao, “El Presidente” (mainstream)
– Darling of the Press—Manila Vice mayor Isko Moreno
– Nora Aunor Ulirang Artista Lifetime Achievement Award—Sen. Lito Lapid.
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.