Gifted actor’s tardiness blamed on drugs
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Talented Actor was once considered the most promising discovery in his batch. He crossed over from bit roles to mainstream stardom quite effortlessly.
However, TA squandered his good fortune, got hooked on drugs and became much too difficult to handle.
TA was a constant cause of delay on the set. Soon enough, the plug was pulled on his troubled project. Even Influential Benefactor dropped TA like a hot potato.
Determined to bounce back, TA made sure to attend the audition for a prestigious project. Unfortunately, he arrived late and was told to try his luck next time.
Can’t teach an old dog.
This is another kind of gifted: Cute Hunk is raring to come out of the closet. He is often spotted making out with Mestizo Model in public.
CH is unruffled by all the pink rumors, though, and one idle chatter that he surely won’t deny involves the family jewels. In a restroom, Showbiz Insider accidentally caught a glimpse and found them “impressive!”
No wonder MM finds CH irresistible, SI said.
Master of illusion
Has-been Heartthrob lost fame and fortune and the support of Powerful Benefactor in quick succession.
Was that because of HH’s addiction to alcohol?
Starlet Lover soon abandoned HH, too. Turned out, he became abusive when soused.
To make ends meet, HH turned to wealthy gay clients.
In spite of his vices and vanishing looks, HH manages to delude one or two customers into believing that he’s still the same matinee idol who top-billed top rating TV shows and acclaimed movies more than a decade ago.
Diva vs divo
Everyone wrongly concluded that Popular Actress was the reason for the delay of Huge Project. Actually, Male Costar was a bigger diva.
PA couldn’t hide her disgust for MC’s bad habits. While PA was effusive in praising Good-natured Partner, she remained mum on MC.
Her silence spoke volumes.
Pretty Starlet and Stunning Starlet aren’t merely squabbling over Gorgeous Artist; they’re battling for fans’ hearts as well.
PS lost this round because she badly needed to work on her public relations skills: During an out-of-town event, a young admirer approached PS for a snapshot. PS made a face while posing with the fan.
Trying to salvage the awkward situation, SS butted in and asked the kid for a souvenir shot. This good intention was lost on PS.
Sandy and Boyet’s girl
Mariel de Leon, 19-year-old daughter of actors Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong, is currently training for a national beauty pageant, according to aunt Toni Abad.
Grandmom and former LVN screen goddess Lilia Dizon must be proud.
Screening for Binibining Pilipinas is today.
Top of the talk shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Kylie Padilla on getting more challenging roles: “Personally, as an actress, I’m ready for anything… ayoko kasi na maging maarte. Ba’t ka pa nag-artista kung magiging maarte ka?” (Please share that with the rest of your generation.)
- Pauleen Luna on boyfriend Vic Sotto being more open about their relationship: “There’s nothing to hide. We just like to lie low sa mga interviews para ’di magulo.” (Ito rin—please tell the others.)
- Mark Herras, asked if he was wearing an engagement ring: “Hindi pa. Pag engagement ring dapat maayos at mahal, ’di ba? Mura lang ’to!” (Do guys wear engagement rings?)
- Maxene Magalona on celebrating Valentine’s Day with Renz Fernandez: “First time namin to celebrate Valentine’s Day together… The Disney princesses are my idols pagdating sa pag-ibig. So it’s apt na we’re celebrating in Disneyland.” (Okay, sounds innocent.)
- Sen. Bong Revilla on son Jolo’s relationship with Jodi Sta. Maria: “Kung saan masaya si Jolo, susuportahan namin siya. Ang gusto lang natin, eh maging maayos ang mga dokumento [ni Jodi] para walang problema… sa nakikita ko, masaya sila.” (Practical dad.)
- Sheena Halili on agreeing to cut her long tresses for a role in “Indio”: “Hindi ako nag-yes agad kasi years bago mapahaba ang buhok… Pero gusto kong ipakita na importante at mahal ko ang trabaho ko.” (It’s just hair; ask Anne Hathaway.)
- Eugene Domingo, asked to compare her love life to a dish: “Definitely ang love life ko ay hindi panis at hindi rin bulok! Sa palagay ko lang, ang love life ko talaga ay pinaghahandaan ng Panginoon. Parang Hawaiian steak na mina-marinate pa sa itaas!” (God in an apron?)
- Camille Prats on playing matchmaker for brother John and Isabel Oli: “Ako ’yung nagpakilala sa kanilang dalawa. Sabi ni John sa ’kin, ‘Bakit ngayon mo lang ako tinulungan?’ Sabi ko, baka kaya failed ’yung mga past relationships mo kasi walang basbas ko!” (Anyone want ours?)
- Bernard Palanca on returning to show biz after a hiatus: “I just got tired at one point… it was hard dealing with the negativity. I’m back, refreshed.” (The nega stuff isn’t going away.)
- Coco Martin on stopping Julia Montes from wearing revealing clothes: “Bilang katrabaho, concerned ako, lalo na sa leading lady ko.” (Concern? Control?)
- Julia, asked to rate Coco’s chances with her: “In a scale of one to 10—nine!” (Hold out until it’s a 10.)
- Robin Padilla on wife Mariel Rodriguez getting jealous because of his love scenes with “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw” costar Kris Aquino: “Siguro parang nabundol siya. Maski ako, nagulat… siya’y asawa lang na nagmamahal.” (And we’re keeping our counsel to ourselves.)
- Shaina Magdayao on her rumored relationship with Sam Milby: “Wala pong nangyayari na anything more than friendship… I’m in no rush.” (And we could use a rest as well.)
- Cristine Reyes on being single: “Masaya maging single, as in! ’Di ka nagde-depend sa ibang tao para maging masaya.” (Get used to it, might as well.)
- Janice de Belen on greeting ex-boyfriend Gabby Concepcion with a hug during an event: “Kahit ’di naging maganda nung nag-break kami, Gabby and I have remained friends… First love remains friends!” (Good for you.)
- Kris Aquino, asked if she’s ready to date: “May permission na ni Bimby. I said kasi, ‘Bimb can I go out on a date?’ He said, ‘Okay but no holding hands ha?’” (Clever boy. Not much mom can do.)
- Kris on what she wants from a man: “I want peace. Someone na hindi iku-complicate ang buhay ko, at susuportahan ako. And above anything else, someone I can have long, exciting and intellectual conversations with.” (Good luck with that. It’s slim pickings out there.)
(Startalk, The Buzz)
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.