Richard Gutierrez: Sarah not pregnant


RICHARD misses Sarah, and plans to visit his beleaguered girlfriend in Switzerland, as soon as his schedule permits it.

When actress Sarah Lahbati announced that she was leaving the biz indefinitely to pursue her studies in Switzerland, not a few speculated that the Kapuso starlet was just trying to get away from the public eye to hide her alleged pregnancy.

At a recent press con, Richard Gutierrez, Sarah’s real-life boyfriend and leading man in the coming film “Seduction,” flatly denied the rumors. “That’s not true,” he said. “Actually, right now, I don’t see why it became a big deal.”

Just a rumor

“Someone just spread it and, all of a sudden, people were asking me about it,” he added. “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Richard insisted: “She’s (Sarah’s) vacationing; unwinding and spending quality time with her family.”

Meanwhile,  kibitzers still insist that Sarah was noticeably plumper, probably hiding a baby bump under loose clothing, when she boarded an Etihad Airways flight to the United Arab Emirates last Jan. 13.

“No, her belly [hasn’t become bigger]. I don’t understand why people are saying these things. People became anal about it, but there’s nothing, really,” said Richard, who admitted that he accompanied Sarah at the airport.

The 28-year-old actor didn’t seem to be in the mood to elaborate on the pregnancy issue or discuss other personal matters involving him and Sarah. “There are many rumors circulating right now and I don’t want to blow them out of proportion by talking about them,” he said.

Aside from the pregnancy rumors, Sarah is embroiled in a legal mess with her home network GMA 7, which has filed a P7-million civil suit for breach of contract against her.

GMA 7 exec Annette Gozon-Abrogar has also filed a libel suit against Sarah for linking  her to alleged  “under-the-table deals” with Icons, a management group.

The 19-year-old has evaded the cases by flying out of the country. At press time, the half-Moroccan is in Casablanca, Morocco.

Full support


“She has my full support, of course. I know what she’s been through,” Richard said. “But I’m torn. Both Sarah and GMA 7 are close to my heart.”

He continued: “I hope everything turns out well at the end.”

Richard said it was a shame that Sarah couldn’t be with him to promote their film, which also stars Solenn Heussaff and is directed by Peque Gallaga. “I miss her. But I can’t do anything about the situation. I’m just glad that she’s happy and relaxed right now,” he said. “I might visit her soon, if my schedule permits.”

Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:

Inquirer Viber

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

  • hustlergalore

    ayaw niya magharness. buntis pala?! LOL

  • erica

    E ano namang pakialam namin kung nabuntis sya ni richard? bungga sya!

  • Janch

    Saw on youtube a video clip of her on her last tv project .  The girl’s belly is already showing.  Ended her career too soon.  Too bad.

  • azkal futbol

    bat ini-interview pa kasi itong mga gutierrez? di naman reliable ang mga sagot – pamilya ng ???

  • tanga_hanga_ni_abnoy

    yun bang mga pelikula ni peque gallaga e pina-pirate? i mean pine-peque?

  • batangsulpok

    Buntis man o hindi si Sarah, dapat patunayan ng GMA na hindi tutuo ang bintang sa kanila na bukod sa talent contract sa kanila ng mga talents na kinukunan ng 25% ay pinapipirma pa sa ibang talent agency para bawasan pa ng additional 15% na ang total ay 40%.

    • Cherrie

      Ang nagparatang ang dapat magpatunay ng katotohanan ng bintang niya, sa halip na ang pinararatangan ang magpatunay ng kanyang innocence. Hehe! Study first before you make a comment!

  • sanjuan683

    hehehehehe tigilan na ninyo yan ganyan gimmick. Ibahin naman ninyo siguro mas maganda si lalaki naman ang buntis. Bago yun di ba?

  • Gilmore Santiago

    kaya nag puntang moroco para magpalaglag…so hindi na nga buntis kasi naalis na

  • BatangSingapore

    may kalokohan kasi ang mga subcon ng gma na humahawak sa mga artista.  ganda ni sarah, next angel locsin.

  • peach black

    talaga lang, ha? nagpapaniwala kayo sa angkan na ito. buntis? nakakabuntis ba kahit isa man lang sa Gutierrez twins?

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94


editors' picks



latest videos