Starlet-turned-Grinch stole Christmas
Now based abroad, Sexy Starlet has been having marital problems with Stingy Husband.
She renewed ties with former colleagues who live in the same country but different city. Old Friend invited SS for a quick visit. They met up with other Overseas Pinoys and had a Christmas party/ videoke night.
OPs asked SS to sleep over, since her house was quite a long drive away. The morning after, they found that SS had disappeared and taken with her some valuables, including an iPhone and and iPad.
The incident was not reported to authorities.
In public pronouncements, Popular Star and Character Actress keep praising each other—a little bit too much, really.
But in a social networking site, CA posted the photo of a billboard of their project with an unflattering caption, alluding to PS’ crass background.
In return, PS has been describing CA in subtly disparaging ways in interviews with the press. In so many words, PS refers to CA as a “rich witch.” Tit for tat.
Acclaimed Actor refuses to work with Awarded Thespian. Apparently, AT is quite the busybody and doesn’t think twice about dispensing acting pointers to costars.
AT dared instruct AA when to pause and breathe while delivering a line. AA recounted: “He would also count the number of steps a fellow actor would take while walking in a scene.”
Ironically, AT has long been criticized for being a ham.
Eve of destruction
Years ago, Promising Actress felt snubbed after failing to bring home a trophy from once-reputable Award-giving Body.
Fast forward to the here and now: PA has become fabulously wealthy and influential. Is she powerful enough to help destroy AB?
Is she still carrying a grudge after all these years? Hmmm.
Major Star had a fling with Hunky Actor years ago. MS’ Insecure Husband heard about the fiery illicit affair and confronted HA.
Rattled, HA put the blame on MS, claiming she made the first move. MS went ballistic.
HA has remained unforgiven.
For more sizzling show biz news, tune in to “Kliq Showbiz.”
Join show hosts Ervin Santiago of Bandera and Jenene of Radyo Inquirer, as they dish out the latest chika and hottest blind items in tinseltown, weekdays from 3 to 5 p.m. on dzIQ 990 AM.
Top of the talk shows
(For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- “Les Miserables” star Anne Hathaway on Lea Salonga: “Oh my gosh, I adore. I adore her … I don’t think there’s anything vocally that she can’t do … I have complete deference to her.” (Lea: “Namaaaaaan!!! Nakaka-haba ng hair!!!)
- Ogie Alcasid, asked if he’s open to his eldest daughter Leila entertaining suitors: “Oo naman … Wala siyang nililihim sa ’kin.” (There’s a lot one can hide from miles away!)
- Yasmien Kurdi on being a new mom: “Feeling ko minsan ’di pa ako nanay!” (Give it two years.)
- Jake Cuenca on a rumored nude photo of his holding an iPhone, circulating on the Net: “’Di ko katawan ’yan … ’Di ako nag-iPhone kahit kailan.” (What’s wrong with the iPhone?)
- Carmina Villaroel on the possibility of working with BB Gandanghari: “Depende. Ayoko munang mag-isip kung wala pang offer.” (In English: If the price is right?)
- Gretchen Barretto on being touted as one of the most beautiful women in local show biz: “Noong bata ako sinasabi nila, ugly duckling daw ako … ’Di ko alam kung paano i-accept ang compliment na ’yun.” (Say “Thank you.”)
- Kim Chiu on suitor Xian Lim joining her family in a post-Christmas celebration in Subic: “Siyempre nakakatuwa din na hindi siya nahihiya sa pamilya ko.” (Uh, that could go two ways.)
- Rufa Mae Quinto on being called a has-been: “Nagpapasalamat ako kasi ibig sabihin, sumikat ako!” (Hahaha, korek!)
Pokwang on communicating with her American suitor: “Nakaka-nosebleed!” (Ang haba rin ng hair nito!!!)
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94