Sexy starlet regrets what she did for love
MANILA, Philippines—Sexy Starlet must be singing “What I Did for Love” now.
SS was romantically involved with Handsome Benefactor, to whom she gave her full trust.
After all, HB did wonders to advance her career and even masterminded her winning an acting award over more deserving veterans.
SS, however, noticed that HB was a bit too close for comfort with Gay Manager.
Turned out, HB and GM weren’t only secret lovers; they were partners in crime as well.
HB kept SS in the dark about her savings. SS suspected that HB and GM took liberties with her hard-earned money.
After uncovering the truth, SS dumped HB and hooked up with Cutie Hunk.
Banned at the beach
Although Pretty Babe comes from a show biz clan, she failed to inherit her famous relatives’ public-relations skills.
PB allegedly gave the organizers of a summer event untold headaches with her prima-donna ways.
PB was arrogant and treated the bosses like household help, according to a mole.
The exec, experiencing PB’s bad behavior firsthand, wasted no time in scratching out PB’s name in future beach parties.
Last time he hogged the news, Non-show biz Guy was the boyfriend of Popular Star.
As PS’s fame dwindled, NG distanced himself and soon the couple split.
Fast forward to the here and now: NG is very much entrenched in show biz and is back in circulation with a bevy of beauties in tow.
Veteran Insider quips, “Perhaps PS’ parents were right all along. NG was just using PS to make a name for himself in the business.”
Colleagues noticed that Veteran Actor was behaving rather strangely on the set of a high-profile project.
VA was often distant, aloof and seemingly engrossed in his character. When long-time friend, Acclaimed Actor, visited the set, VA’s mood changed suddenly. Could it be because AA handed over some mind-altering substances that VA allegedly quickly devoured?
There’s something fishy about the latest development surrounding Controversial Personality.
Succumbing to a campaign against CP is a company that has close ties with CP’s allies.
Wait, the company’s main endorser is under the wing of CP’s allies, right? What gives?
Are CP’s allies abandoning ship so soon?
LOS ANGELES—A defense lawyer for Michael Jackson’s doctor says the singer was so anguished about his deteriorating finances in his final days that he took desperate actions that caused his own death.
The statements by attorney Edward Chernoff came during a pretrial hearing Wednesday in the case of Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death. AP
Top of the talk shows
The top show biz news in the Inquirer tabloid Bandera (and why we are moved if we are moved):
• Patrick Garcia: Hindi na kami magkakabalikan ni Jen! (And we should care because … ?)
• Kris, Ipe muling nag-krus ang landas (Ho-hum.)
• P8-M halaga ng kotseng regalo ni Willie kay Aga. (Ah, kaya ba … ?)
• Eugene Domingo walang panty sa awards night. (Nakup.)
• Eugene na-ospital, naaksidente sa shooting. (Hindi naman dahil walang … ?)
• Angelica, Derek biktima ng mga inggitera. (May bagong endorsement si Angelica.)
• Wenn Deramas umaangal daw sa talent fee na P600,000 a month. (Parang mahirap hanapin yun every month.)
• Aga nahirapang magpaalam sa ABS (Pumirma na nga sa TV5 e.)
• Maraming nambabagsak kay Willie. (He doesn’t need help in that department, at the rate he’s going.)
• Renz Fernandez may hamon sa gustong manligaw kay LT. (Afraid.)
• Coco natorpe kay Venus Raj. (Major!)
• Binoe: Hindi nagpapanggap si Mariel! (Nagpapanggap na ano?)
• Kris suko na sa mga lalaki; gandang-ganda sa katawan ni Christian Bautista (Di ba lalaki si Christian?!)
• John Lloyd type pa rin si Sarah. (Balita ba ito?)
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94