Remember Mestizo Hunk who finally gave in to the advances of Gay Celebrity for P15,000?
MH is allegedly in dire financial straits and has slashed down his “talent fee” to P5,000 per night. He is desperate, said a mole, and battling a nasty gambling habit. He is often spotted hanging out in casinos.
Friends of Respected Insider were not surprised by this latest dramatic twist in show biz: RI cut ties with Willful Star.
According to a mole, WS continuously and consistently defied RI’s advice. Last straw was when WS accepted a project without RI’s knowledge.
Friends don’t mourn the end of this once-beautiful friendship, however. “RI is being spared from WS’s downward spiral,” the mole said.
Not a few observers raised a brow when former Child Actress started a rather public flirtation with Controversial Hunk.
They feel CA is much too young to pursue CH, whose own love life is quite messy. CA, however, is relentless, ignoring naysayers—even Popular Gay who was once “close” to CH.
Friends tease PG for being jealous of pint-sized CA. Leveling ba?
Snooty diva’s karma
Pretty Starlet has gained notoriety for her prima donna ways. At a cocktail party, a friend asked PS if she really used the product she was endorsing. PS exclaimed haughtily: “Of course not! That’s only for people as poor as rats.”
Unfortunately for PS, Top Executive overheard. Next day, the company execs had an emergency meeting and decided that PS should be replaced by Gorgeous Celebrity as endorser. The company billboards featuring PS all over the city were taken down.
Then again, PS could also be a victim of GC’s rather aggressive handlers, who would stop at nothing to land on top.
Angel Locsin reportedly came to the Century Tuna ad launch at the Intercon one and a half hours late and had a lift held for her. Meaning, hotel guests were made to take other elevators? Angel’s rumored beau Phil Younghusband came on time daw and had to wait in the holding area for his partner.
Anne takes MRT
With just 14 minutes before the start of Kylie Minogue’s “Aphrodite” concert at the Big Dome Tuesday night, Anne Curtis did something few celebs would dare—take the MRT. Anne was in a mad rush because she had just arrived from Melbourne and traffic in Edsa was… the usual.
On her Twitter account, the “Showtime!” host posted a photo of herself in MRT’s designated coach for women. She tweeted, too: “They’re [passengers] all nice! Swerte daw ako at hindi masyado siksikan,” she tweeted. “I can see the traffic on Edsa from here! I made the right decision!”
Needless to say, the tweet caused a ruckus among the madlang people. In minutes, the words “MRT” and “Anne Curtis” had made it to the social networking site’s top 10 trending topics. Anne has 1,372,704 followers—the first Filipino Twitter user to hit the seven-digit follower mark.
Is Judy Ann Santos leaving ABS-CBN for more hefty offers from rival networks? In an interview with “TV Patrol” on July 5, the Kapamilya actress stressed that she’s not going anywhere soon. “Meron pa akong existing contract with ABS-CBN and alam ko nag-renew ako last year,” she said.
Who’s that girl?
“Pilipinas Got Talent” Season 1 champ Jovit Baldivino was spotted bringing a girl to his condominium unit recently. Some people suspect it was Jovit’s new squeeze. The diminutive singer told “Showbiz News Ngayon” on July 5 that the girl in question was just his personal assistant. “Sa ’kin po, pass muna [on relationships] Trabaho muna, bata pa po ako,” he said. (A girlfriend? Why not? A personal assistant? Wow.)
Despite their busy schedules, Zanjoe Marudo and Bea Alonzo make it a point to spend quality time together. What’s their favorite bonding activity? “Golf,” Zanjoe told “SNN.” Asked about their love life’s status, he said: “Sobrang maligaya ako kung ano man ‘yung mga nagagawa naming mga bagay. Sana mas mag-grow pa kung saan man pupunta. Hindi ko naman minamadali.” (Kilig factor!)
In the last Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), comedy royalties Vic Sotto and Ai Ai de las Alas battled for box-office supremacy. This year, they’re teaming up in the MMFF entry “Enteng ng Ina Mo.” Ai Ai told “SNN”: “Napapapagod na nga akong siya lagi ang kalaban sa MMFF. Ngayon kampi na kami!”
Top of the Tabloids
The top show biz news in the Inquirer tabloid Bandera (and why we are moved if we are moved):
- Kahit matangkad at super gwapo, Mikael Daza dyutay daw, walang bukol. (Shhh! the kids!)
- Angel asar na, binantaan si Luis. (“Sige, sipain ka ni Phil!” Ganu’n kaya?)
- Gretchen Barretto nagmaldita daw sa isang pictorial. (Ang lagay si sis lang?)
- Kean Cipriano nasarapan kay Eugene Domingo. (Juskuday, language, please!)
- GMA 7pumayag na ipahiram si Dingdong Dantes kay Kris Aquino. (OMG. Yun lang.)
- Sarah tsutsugiin na raw sa ABS? (Wala kaming masabi, wasabi!)
- John Lloyd-Angel movie minalas? (Na -Azkal.)
- Deadma na raw sa galit ni Binoe, Kylie umamin sa relasyon nila ni Aljur? (Defiant ang tawag dyan.)
- Ex-bf ni Andi handang magpa-DNA test. (Actually, he should make himself scarce for now.)
- Hindi ako nababaliw— Cita Astals, kinidnap daw ng mga hindi kilalang lalaki. (Aliens?)
- Kaya raw lilipat sa TV5, Juday may tampo sa ABS-CBN? (Sino pa kaya ang may tampo?)
- Lovi Poe ‘sosyal na malandi’ (Parang okey yun a.)
- Huwag naman daw husgahan ang anak; Ate Vi: Taranta talaga si Luis sa pag-ibig. (Yung GFdin naman, taranta, di ba?)
- Sa bagong version ng “Temptation Island,” Marian, Heart, Rufa Mae, ‘panis’ kay Lovi. (Balita rin namin.)
- Fans ni Marian kinawawa si Heart sa sinehan. (Nasa Brazil naman siya—belat.)
- Heart bad trip daw kay
- Dingdong. (Okey na yan, Heart, win
- ka naman kay Daniel.)
- Luis natakot sa ‘bomba’ ni Angel. (Goal!)
(with Armin Adina and Allan Policarpio, Contributor)
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94