Tight security at Dolphy’s funeralBy Jan Escosio
Radyo Inquirer 990AM
MANILA, Philippines – Authorities at the Heritage Park in Taguig City stepped up security measures hours before the private burial of comedy king Rodolfo “Dolphy” Quizon Sr. this Sunday afternoon.
Only those in the guest list provided by the family of the late comedy king were allowed inside the Heritage Park, security chief Jobel Pantalleon said in an interview over Radyo Inquirer 990AM.
“Ma’am nagbigay po ng listahan po ang pamilya Quizon kung sino lang po ang pwedeng pumasok sa loob. Kapag wala po doon sa listahan, hindi na namin pinapayagan pang pumasok po,” Pantalleon said.
Aside from the family, relatives and friends in the list, Pantalleon said only members of the media, who were issued identification cards Saturday, will be allowed to cover the interment.
Even fans were not allowed to get a last glimpse of their idol.
“Sa gate meron na pong mga fans po na nag aabang pero sila po ay hindi na rin po pinayagang makapasok sa hiling ng pamilya Quizon para sa kanilang pribadong pamamaraan,” Pantalleon added.
So far, some relatives and celebrities like Gio Alvarez, who played as one of Dolphy’s sons in “Home Along da Riles” and Edu Manzano were spotted by this reporter before the last mass for the late comedy king this Sunday morning.
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.