Did You Know? No solo Manila concert for Jessica Sanchez
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Now IT can be told: “American Idol” season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez will not have a solo concert in Manila anytime soon, because a “bidding war” simulated by a US-based Filipino —who has become notorious for her anomalous deals as an agent for visiting foreign concert acts—had scuttled the negotiations.
Instead, Sanchez’s fans here will have to settle for watching her perform a few numbers as part of the “Idol” tour, which includes a stop at Smart Araneta Coliseum on Sept. 21.
This development also practically preempts efforts to have Sanchez as front act for Jennifer Lopez’s concert which is set on Nov. 24 at Mall of Asia Arena. Reports quoting Lopez’s promoter for her Manila show say nothing has been confirmed, as far as Sanchez’s participation is concerned.
Sources told the Inquirer that local promoters had been bidding for Sanchez to perform solo in Manila as early as the Top 6 final episode of “Idol” (when she sang “Dance with My Father”).
Problem was, the US-based Pinoy agent joined the bidding, only to back off when the quoted figures were said to have reached $800,000 (P34.4 million), because apparently the agent had no promoter willing to back her bid.
Businessman Ben Chan, according to the sources, was very interested to sponsor the Sanchez concert, but dreaded the hassle of talking to the agent. Pocholo Concepcion
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.