Insider says popular celeb spent millions to get relatives elected
Finding out Popular Celeb’s campaign secrets, Disturbed Insider became bitterly disillusioned. PC reportedly spent over P300 million, to get Unqualified Relatives elected.
DI is wondering why PC parted with cash so recklessly. Did DI see this as “investment” that would be recouped while the relatives were in office?
Now, is this wanton spending the reason behind PC’s present woes? We hear grumblings from the inner sanctum. Perhaps DI is among the so-called close associates whose ventures with PC have been adversely affected by incessant intrigues?
PC should act quickly to recover lost ground!
Glamorous Celebrity joined a high-profile public event recently, expecting to be the center of attention.
When GC arrived at the venue, hushed whispers were heard. Or was that a collective hiss? Muffled booing?
An eyewitness claims people were not thrilled to see GC. Were they aware of GC’s track record? Not to mention the less-than-pristine background of GC’s partner in crime—also, uh, lifetime partner.
Though far from welcome, gutsy GC stayed put at the party and posted snapshots in social media.
Rated “G,” for the Gall!
No wonder Scandalous Personality is gung ho about pushing Low-profile Relative to center stage.
SP is pulling out all the stops to make LR popular, or notorious, whatever comes first. Turns out, LR has political plans. But so does SP.
Politics is a family business.
Heard on the Radyo Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.):
Controversial Star blames Estranged Partner for the bad luck that’s hounding them.
CS blames EP for career troubles as well. “I lost my popularity because of EP,” CS told pals.
Friends can only roll their eyes.
CS was well on the road to perdition long before EP entered frame.
In any case, EP’s relatives consider CS as the scourge of their family.
“We were living in peace before you met CS,” one of EP’s parents scoffed.
Picked up from the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Sexy Starlet is back to old ways. She has given up on young boys.
“They have nothing to offer,” SS told a mole. “Older men are more experienced—and wealthier.”
SS is now involved with a rich senior. In short, she’s into dirty old men again.
SS claims Elderly Lover gives her everything she wants and is supportive (tolerant?) of her declining career.
We heard EL bankrolled a recent venture.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
- Alden Richards, asked who’s sexier between him and Tom Rodriguez: “Siya po talaga.” (No argument there.)
- Tom on his busy schedule: “Wala na akong konsepto ng araw at petsa!” (And you’re not complaining, are you?)
- Tom, asked to define “hunkiness”: “In the way you carry yourself, not ’yung mismong katawan. May mga tao who can carry themselves well kahit hindi batu-bato katawan nila.” (Agree!)
- Aljur Abrenica on his preparations for the coming Cosmo Bachelor Bash: “Nag-diet ako, gym, hangga’t may time natutulog ako … Happy ako sa kinalabasan.” (Let’s see if we will be as happy.)
- Claudine Barretto on filing perjury charges against estranged husband Raymart Santiago: “Ganu’n talaga, hindi rin naman kasi sila tumitigil sa pang-aabuso, eh.” (Please make this stop already, this issue that doesn’t affect the GNP.)
- Claudine’s legal counsel Ferdinand Topacio on rumors linking him to the actress: “Huwag naman nilang lagyan ng malisya … lahat naman ng kliyente ko, kahit lalake o babae, I show the same amount of care and dedication.” (And this is not about you, remember?)
- Claudine on her kids, Sabina and Santino, landing in hospital: “Sobrang stressful, sobra akong ngarag, pati ako nagkakasakit na rin.” (OK, we’ll pray … for the kids.)
- Raymart on not being able to visit his kids because of the TPO Claudine filed against him: “’Di ako makatulog … magpapadala sana ako ng pera, pero ’di ko alam kung paano sila ma-reach.” (Let your lawyer call her lawyer.)
- Claudine on Raymart saying he wanted to send money for their sick kids: “Huwag na tayong mag-plastikan … ’di naman talaga siya ganu’n. ’Yun lang ’yun.” (Let your lawyer call his lawyer.)
- Raymart on Claudine’s tirades: “She can say anything. Papatulan ko pa ba ’yun, eh ’yun ang ugali niya? Saka hindi ako mapagpatol … bahala siya.” (Let your lawyer… oh, never mind.)
- Claudine, asked if she wished she and sister Gretchen were OK. “Wala akong pakialam sa kanya … No comment.” (Well, that’s a comment.)
- Cesar Montano on his legal tiff with estranged wife Sunshine Cruz: “I hate that this is happening … ’di dapat ma-drag ang mga bata [dito]. Sana matapos na; kawawa ’yung mga bata.” (Korek! Kami rin!)
- Lian Paz on rumors that she’s being courted by a foreigner: “I wish! Magtatrabaho at magpapakayaman na lang ako, no!” (Gano’n nga dapat, ’teh.)
- Isabel Oli on boyfriend John Prats: “He’s sobrang loving, sweet. Sobrang OK, stree-free … ’Yung nasa trabaho ka, makaka-concentrate ka.” (’Yun na ’yun!)
- Isabel, asked if she could see herself married to John: “Sana, sana lang! ’Yun lang masasabi ko.” (Must be love talaga.)
- Rocco Nacino on Lovi Poe: “Matagal ko nang gusto si Lovi.” (How does she feel?)
- Rocco, asked if he’s in love with Lovi: “May nabuksang pinto … nagdo-doorbell lang ako.” (Try knocking, too.)
- Lovi on Rocco: “I’m happy that he’s there … It’s a lot more fun when he’s around.” (Aww.)
- Andi Eigenmann, asked if she and Jake Ejercito were really a couple: “Ayaw ko naman ipilit ang sarili ko sa mga bagay na hindi talaga puwede. Maybe we are just too young. Siyempre gusto namin ’yung situation would be entirely perfect and wala kaming matatapakan or masasaktang mga tao.” (Yes or no, puwede na.)
- Ruffa Gutierrez on ex-husband Yilmaz Bektas: “Yilmaz and I are communicating again. Now we’re good. I think it’s time na magtiis na kami for the sake of the kids.” (Maturity. How refreshing.)
- Gretchen Barretto on Enchong Dee asking for permission to have Dominique as his Star Magic Ball partner: “Nag-text siya sa ’kin. Sabi niya, ‘Can I walk Dominique down the red carpet?’ Sabi ko naman, ‘As long as you don’t walk her down the aisle!’” (Nice one.)
- Melai Cantiveros on her pregnancy: “Positive na positive. I’m very happy. Nung nalaman ko, hindi ako kinabahan kasi gusto naman talaga namin ni Jason (Francisco). Nu’ng nagbalikan kasi kami, gusto na talaga namin i-level up ’yung relationship.” (Yup, we could tell. Cheers!)
- Melai on how Jason proposed marriage: “Pag gising ko, pinamumog niya ako. Pag tingin ko sa salamin sa CR, nakalagay ‘I love you. Will you marry me?’” (Mouthwash ad coming up?)
- Melai on morning sickness: “Natatakot akong sumuka kasi baka maisuka ko ’yung baby!” (Uh.)
(Startalk, The Buzz)
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94