Hunk generous to friends, stingy with staffBy the Entertainment staff
Philippine Daily Inquirer
There are two conflicting sides to Handsome Hunk’s personality:
HH is generous to friends, spending huge sums to shower them with gifts. However, he is the opposite when it comes to his household staff.
An insider says HH often forgets to give his driver money for meals while waiting for him.
Is this why bad luck hit HH recently? In a word: Karma.
Sexy Starlet went out barhopping with gal pals and took home Cute Hunk. Things quickly got steamy.
But CH stopped when he was struck by putrid stench from SS’ nether regions!
Turned out, SS hadn’t taken a shower, as she had been partying nonstop for days.
CH thought up some flimsy excuse to escape SS’ lair. SS was too drunk to notice that he had scampered away.
It was not the first time that Matinee Idol was caught in a state of inebriation.
As a shutterbug stepped out of a bar, a seemingly disoriented guy accosted him. The drunk turned out to be MI, rambling incoherently and gesturing wildly, pleading to have his photo taken with equally soused friends.
The photographer was stunned because MI had been cultivating a wholesome image all these years. Perhaps the photog should have taken a video instead?
Seems MI is a repeat offender. A neighbor previously spotted MI arriving home early morning from a party—in the backseat of his chauffeur-driven car and stoned out of his wits. Lakas tama!
Reversal of fortune
Heard on the Radyo Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.):
Character Actress is hooked on fortune-tellers. The addiction has become unreasonable. CA even brings seers to the set of her projects, much to colleagues’ bewilderment.
The shoot was delayed because CA refused to work without finishing a reading, explaining that it was bad luck to stop midstream. The director went berserk.
Will these rituals end CA’s losing streak in the romance department?
From the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Reality Discovery’s relationship with Former Girlfriend was rather tumultuous. Matters came to a head after RD knocked up FG.
After their love child was born, the gap between RD and FG widened. They soon parted ways.
Probably feeling paternal, RD visited FG and the baby, bearing gifts in cash and in kind. He was not allowed into FG’s home. Still smarting from their last altercation, FG threw out RD’s presents.
Echo and Kim
Jericho Rosales sent this note to the Inquirer on Monday: “Kim (Jones, TV host) and I are still getting used to calling each other ‘fiancé/fiancée.’ We become ecstatic and shriek, ‘We’re engaged!’ each time it dawns on us. Our phones have been going crazy since yesterday; it’s overwhelming to hear people everywhere we go congratulating us. It’s an awesome feeling. God is great!”
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
Ryzza Mae Dizon on being included in Yes! Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful Stars: “’Di ko nga po alam kung bakit ako nandito!” (At first, kami rin; pero ngayon alam na namin. Cheers!)
- Ryzza, asked if she knows Bimby Aquino, whom she’s making a movie with soon: “[Shakes head] … Pogi po ba?!” (Wahahaha!)
- Super Sireyna winner Francine Garcia, asked if she’s inclined to join show biz: “Of course, who wouldn’t? Maraming gays sa show biz, but sino ba’ng transsexual ang nasa limelight? I want to be the first!” (This is so confusing. What about BB Gandanghari?)
Cristine Reyes, asked to describe her ideal husband: “Isa lang naman ang gusto ko: God-fearing.” (Dapat din siguro, Cristine-fearing?)
- Cristine on the possibility of getting back together with ex-boyfriend Dennis Trillo: “Bata pa po ako, so ayokong magsalita nang tapos … ayokong mag-close ng door.” (A solid “maybe”!)
- Daiana Menezes amid recent controversies about her relationship with husband Benjo Benaldo: “Tuloy pa rin ang life natin at smile pa rin kahit ’yung loob natin may konting gulo.” (Konti pa ’yun?)
- Daiana’s message to her critics: “Asahan ni’yo na magiging mas aware na si Daiana Menezes sa mga ginagawa niya sa buhay. Work lang talaga ang priority ko ngayon; kalimutan muna natin ang love life. Natuto na ako.” (Kami rin.)
Charice, asked if she sought her mom’s permission to have her life featured in “Magpakailanman”: “Siyempre ang hirap magpaalam because I know she’ll say no … but I know it will be fine … gusto ko lang ilabas ’yung nararamdaman ko, ’yung journey ko.” (It’s your life.)
- Keempee de Leon on joining “My Husband’s Lover”: “I haven’t done a soap in almost two years so medyo kinabahan ako. Marami talaga akong ginawa for this—pina-wax ko chest hair ko, arms, legs … lahat!” (Kinarir!)
- Maricel Soriano on her movie comeback: “Masaya ako … ’yun ang importante sa ’kin.” (Sana mapasaya mo rin sila.)
- Robin Padilla to BB Gandanghari during the latter’s “Beauty and the Sweet” show with John Lapus: “Naniniwala ako na sa pinili mong kasarian, magiging hari ka!” (Uh, reyna po. Reyna. )
Robin on why he watched BB’s show: “Kung ano man ang makapagbibigay ng kaligayahan sa kanya, suportahan natin ’yun … Tapos na si Rustom.” (Please help us collect our jaws from the floor.)
- BB on Robin finally accepting him: “Ang maganda ngayon, alam ko na meron na akong tatakbuhan, sasandalan kapag may problema ako. … I consider his being a brother to me the biggest blessing to me right now.” (We say it again—blood is thicker than intriga. )
- Heart Evangelista on reconciling with her dad: “We’re OK [now]. As much as I want to share [with you] what happened, I want to do the total opposite of what happened a few months ago … It’s more sincere to keep quiet.” (Teka, naligaw kami do’n.)
- Heart on rumors that she and Sen. Chiz Escudero have already tied the knot: “I’ll announce, but not any time soon.” (Take your time. We’re in no rush.)
- Xian Lim, asked if he would marry Kim Chiu “if it were the last night of the world:” “Sino ang magkakasal?” (’Yun ang concern?)
- Claudine Barretto, asked where she draws strength amid her personal problems: “Sa Diyos.” (Thunder, lightning …)
- Nikki Gil on ex-boyfriend Billy Crawford: “I have nothing to say talaga. Siguro ito na lang—I wish him well. (Good girl.)
Startalk, The Buzz
Recent Stories:Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.