Guards turn away studio’s penniless talent
Facing trying times, Hard-working Performer visited Powerful Mentor at the studio to ask for a job—anything to make ends meet.
PM was out that day. HP pleaded with Burly Guards, who were unmoved. Apparently, BGs didn’t recognize HP, who was among the pioneers in the company. It’s no exaggeration to say that HP helped build this thriving empire.
BGs turned HP away like a mendicant. Can BGs sleep soundly, after HP’s condition turned from bad to worse?
Family ties aren’t that binding in that part of Show Town.
If Playboy Boss is unable to score with Pretty Starlet, it’s because of an unbeatable rival.
Talk is rife that PS is the apple of the eye of Ultra-rich Royal from a kingdom down south.
PS should keep mum about her future regal connection; she wouldn’t want to incur the ire of Envious Celebrity, who wants to ensnare UR’s father, according to the grapevine.
Talk about aiming high.
Eye of the cougar
Glamorous Beauty refuses to be tagged a cougar—but she’s drawn to fresh-faced boys!
GB attended a high-profile event with a gal pal. GB was seated behind Gorgeous Foreigner who is a decade younger.
GB made the moves, without success. But there was no need to fret. GB has Cute Hunk on speed dial, when the nights get cold and lonely.
Puffy, the magic pill
Heard on the Radio Inquirer program “Kliq Showbiz” (dzIQ 990 AM, Monday to Friday, 3 to 5 p.m.).
Seasoned Actress recklessly popped a “magic” pill that was supposed to shed years off her ravaged face and body.
A day later, SA was sidelined by the side effects. Her face was swollen and it wasn’t a pretty sight, especially since she wasn’t a beauty to start with.
Call her “Puffy” for short.
Skeletons in the closet
From the Inquirer tabloid Bandera:
Minions of Bitter Personality are on the war path, dredging up salacious rumors about the BP’s Hunky Ex.
They claim HE fooled around with rich gay benefactors even as a teenager in his bucolic hometown.
How does BP know about the pink skeletons in HE’s closet?
Concerned Friend warned BP about HE’s past before the couple hooked up, but BP was too blinded by desire to listen.
Taylor Lautner is expected to visit the Philippines in August as new “brand ambassador” for Bench.
Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian are endorsers for the British women’s label, Dorothy Perkins. The Kardashian Kollection takes inspiration from pieces in the sisters’ own wardrobes.
JLo is the face of the new L’Oreal Paris Fall Repair shampoo, conditioner and tonic.
Gloc 9 at Grills
Gloc-9 kicks off the “Thank God It’s Wednesday” series at The Grills in South Station, Alabang tonight, starting at 9.
Top of the Talk Shows
For those who missed last weekend’s TV gabfests (and why we are moved if we are moved.)
- Jodi Sta. Maria on boyfriend and Cavite Vice Gov. Jolo Revilla: “He’s very sweet and supportive sa mga tao na nakapaligid sa kanya.” (Sa nakapaligid lang?)
- Jodi, teased about being a future First Lady: “Agad-agad?!” (Right. No rush.)
- Jolo, asked if he’s planning to marry Jodi as soon as her marriage (to Pampi Lacson) is annulled: “Darating din tayo diyan.” (Okey lang, kahit di
- kami kasama. )
- Jolo on Jodi: “Sigurado akong ako si Ser Chief sa tunay na buhay niya.” (Next!)
- Heart Evangelista on living on her own: “Minsan mahirap talaga kasi ’di ako sanay sa mga bagay-bagay. Pero in a way mahirap na masarap… kasi marami akong natututunan, like ’yung paghawak ng money ko. Dati… ’di ako marunong mag-save. Kung bumili man ako ng something expensive, mas binibigyan ko na siya ng halaga ngayon.” (Sa wakas.)
- Heart, asked if she greeted her dad Rey Ongpauco on Father’s Day: “Hindi pa kami okay. I miss my dad very, very much… umiiyak pa rin ako. Pero time heals everything.” (Indeed.)
- Heart, asked if she thought Sen. Chiz Escudero would be the last man in her life: “[I pray] na sana, siya na nga. Siya na talaga!” (Someone else said that once upon a time.)
- Rhian Ramos on life after all the controversies: “I’m happy… alam ko na ’yung gusto ko para sa sarili ko.” (Tall men?)
- Rhian on her relationship with KC Montero: “Sobrang appreciative ako sa love na natatanggap ko. Sobrang iba siya sa … before. It’s possible to be treated well!” (Oh, girl, always!)
- Sam Pinto on what makes Filipino women sexy: “I guess tayong mga Pinoy ini-enjoy talaga natin ’yung moment.” (Yes, girl, always!)
- Lovi Poe, asked if her mom got close to any of her past suitors: “Strict siya… lagi siyang may wall kaya ’di ko masagot.” (That’s a no.)
- Venus Raj on pregnancy rumors: “Hindi ako buntis! Baka naparami lang ang kain ko!” (Ang dami naman.)
- Sam Milby, asked if he has given up his Hollywood dream: “Gusto ko pa ring ituloy… pero this is my home. Tuloy-tuloy ang blessings ko dito. ” (Right.
- Cover all bases and carry on.)
- Daniel Padilla, asked if he’s pressured about his coming soap with Kathryn Bernardo, “Got 2 Believe”: “Wala tayong magagawa diyan.” (That’s a yes.)
- Richard Gutierrez on girlfriend Sarah Lahbati: “Proud ako sa kanya. She’s a very strong woman. Andito lang ako para sa kanya kahit ano’ng mangyari. And I miss her.” (Aw.)
- Marian Rivera on being a housewife: “Siyempre lahat ng babae gustong magkaroon ng partner, mga anak.” (Parang hindi naman lahat.)
- Cherie Gil, asked why she wants to master the tango: “Kasi cute ’yung mga Argentinians!” (Agree!)
- Cherie, asked if people see her as contravida even in person: “My staff calls me Mother Bitch; I love it!” (We love you!)
- Cherie, asked to do her famous “copycat” line from “Bituing Walang Ningning”: “Kailangan ma-feel ko. Asan ba si Shawie?!… I mean, Dorina!” (Oops.)
- Agot Isidro, asked if she could fall in love with someone half her age: “Huwag naman siguro! Medyo maiilang ako pag gano’n!” (As Gloria said in an old movie: “Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it.”)
- Angelica Panganiban, asked where she draws strength to deal with intrigues: “Sa pagtulog!.” (Wise. Very wise.)
Piolo Pascual, asked the same question: “Sa faith; kay Lord. Kasi kung wala kang pananampalataya, bibigay at bibigay ka, eh.” (Just as wise, but not as fun.) From Star Talk, The Buzz
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94